Red Roof Inns
www.redroof.com Columbus, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Worth a paycheck, but if you stay very long you are a fool.

Cleveland, OH

ProsThey have good benefits if you can last the months and months until you become eligible.

ConsLittle to no contact with supervisors about anything important. They speak of teamwork, but rank all properties to compete with one another. They tout the savings you will have when traveling and give you fewer vacation days than you can count on one hand. Corporate headquarters has no knowledge or respect for the people that bring in the actual revenue. If you want to have a better leverage position for you ideas be an intern. You will get considerably more face time than a loyal general manager that toils for a decade or two.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey think people care that you rotate a tissue packet 90%, but free wifi is absurd. The misinformation passed down causes a lack of trust and respect. It shakes your belief when you hear a terse denial of something, only to have it come to pass weeks later. I think you should just face the facts that you are viewed as a commodity by most people. The people you are picturing traded in their Fords for Hondas a long time ago. It doesn't make sense to "pay your dues" when 100% turnover is the norm.

PERFECT PLACE TO WORK WHILE CONTINUING HIGHER EDUCATION

I have been working at Red Roof Inns full-time

Pros: good benefits... sets schedules... decent pay Cons: stress levels can go high during busy season Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great job, but Senior Management led with fear.

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Red Roof Inns full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great pay, benefits and bonus. Inn level staff is usually high tenure and well… Cons: I chose to leave the company after living with the fear that my job could be taken away if I made one mistake. The stress… Advice to Senior Management: Find ways, other than monetary to motivate through positive reenforcement. Words like "great job"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Red Roof Inns.

Worked for Red Roof Inns? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Roof Inns reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Roof Inns CEO Andrew C. Alexander. All reviews posted anonymously by Red Roof Inns employees.