Red Roof Inns

www.redroof.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Red Roof Inns

Worth a paycheck, but if you stay very long you are a fool.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Red Roof Inns

Pros

They have good benefits if you can last the months and months until you become eligible.

Cons

Little to no contact with supervisors about anything important. They speak of teamwork, but rank all properties to compete with one another. They tout the savings you will have when traveling and give you fewer vacation days than you can count on one hand. Corporate headquarters has no knowledge or respect for the people that bring in the actual revenue. If you want to have a better leverage position for you ideas be an intern. You will get considerably more face time than a loyal general manager that toils for a decade or two.

They think people care that you rotate a tissue packet 90%, but free wifi is absurd. The misinformation passed down causes a lack of trust and respect. It shakes your belief when you hear a terse denial of something, only to have it come to pass weeks later. I think you should just face the facts that you are viewed as a commodity by most people. The people you are picturing traded in their Fords for Hondas a long time ago. It doesn't make sense to "pay your dues" when 100% turnover is the norm.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Red Roof Inns (View Most Recent)

PERFECT PLACE TO WORK WHILE CONTINUING HIGHER EDUCATION

I have been working at Red Roof Inns full-time

Pros

good benefits... sets schedules... decent pay

Cons

stress levels can go high during busy season

Great job, but Senior Management led with fear.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Red Roof Inns full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and bonus. Inn level staff is usually high tenure and well trained. Small family like culture at Inn level. Great training program for GM's at corporate.

Cons

I chose to leave the company after living with the fear that my job could be taken away if I made one mistake. The stress took a toll on my health and affected my relationships with my family and friends. Rather than being rewarded for outstanding achievements, the attitude was "Congratulations, you get to keep your job today." The Bonus is substantial, however it is subjective and easily taken away by upper management to increase their own. This was another fear tactic used throughout the year. This leads to a culture of GMs who do the bare minimum to keep their job. After leaving my health, relationships and sense of pride have improved.

Find ways, other than monetary to motivate through positive reenforcement. Words like "great job" and "Keep up the good work, " once in awhile, go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Roof Inns