Red Roof Inns

www.redroof.com

I love the job, but not the company

Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsI can have off when I want to. Easy and interesting.

ConsNo 401K, not pay increase. They cap wages. Some of us have been working at the company for 10-15 and even 25 years, and get NO increase in wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of all, they need to understand that their employees can make them or break them. They come out with ways to increase sales. Yeah right!!! If they want to increase sales, they need to give employees a yearly raise. It is very easy to say, "We are full".

The front desk can control occupancy. When people are treated in this manner, we can turn customers away to amount to the wage increase that we didn't get. There are peole that love the job, as I do, but I will not do anything to increase sales.

Every year, we employees communicate all over the country with other GSR's about how they want something from us, but can't give a lousy 25 cent raise. It is demeaning to ask us to give suggestions about ways to save on enery, and they give one reward...A 25.00 gift certificate, that we pay taxes on, then they use all of the suggestions, but one person gets a card.

No raise has an influence on their occupancy, but they are too stupid to see it.

No 401k anymore. Yeah, I'll get right on those sales.

Dead-End Job

Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Red Roof Inns

Pros: Job Stability, easy physical work. Cons: No upward advancement possible no matter how good you are or how hard… Advice to Senior Management: Bring some stability by increasing training of new employees. Allow mid-management more leeway over ordering so the hotels do not run out of supplies.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

OK place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

I worked at Red Roof Inns

Pros: Good people, able to move around to different locations Cons: Workload, stability of management team Advice to Senior Management: Focus on stabalizing company More
There are newer reviews on Red Roof Inns.

Worked for Red Roof Inns? Contribute to the Community!