Red Ventures

www.redventures.com
  www.redventures.com
There are newer employer reviews for Red Ventures

Growing company but no loyalty

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC
Former Employee - Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are rapidly growing and the potential for income as a sales person is true but it is not all truly uncapped

Cons

If you don't fit in with the culture you could be let go at any moment

Actually tell people what they can do to improve instead of waiting until last minute and just letting them go

189 Other Employee Reviews for Red Ventures (View Most Recent)

Horrible hours

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of give-a-ways and incentives.

Cons

They're able to switch you to different departments every other month and give you 2nd or 3rd shift hours.

I owe my knowledge of sales to this organization.

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent- Third Degree in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent- Third Degree in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Although my career as a Master Sales Agent 3rd degree and four and a half years working with Red Ventures has come to an end (by personal choice), I will forever think fondly of Red Ventures. This review is unsolicited, and the reason I am writing it is to make sure all of my former coworkers know that I did not leave with a negative taste in my mouth. I owe this company the sales knowledge that I have. They have given me a wonderful gift in developing a talent that I never knew I had.

When I think of the pros for working for this company, the names of all of the great minds that make this company a success rapidly come to mind. The company has amazing talent, from the sales force all the way up to CEO's, which I commend for really making an effort to make sure that everyone has a wonderful experience working with the organization.

The following is based upon my experience with the INDIANLAND, SC center.

The pros for a salesperson with Red Ventures begin with training. I have worked on several businesses within Red Ventures and every trainer has been instrumental in my success. Product knowledge is thorough, salesmanship is down to a science, and the marriage of the two will give you everything you need for success if you apply yourself. This is easy to do when you combine what easily could be boring information with absolutely talented trainers that keep you engaged the entire time.

Once you hit the floor, you are armed with knowledge, and an overall great management team that care about your success with the organization. This is achieved by basing the management comp plan on agent performance, ensuring that you get the coaching and feedback necessary to succeed. If you are not coachable and take feedback poorly, DON'T WORK HERE. You will be wasting your time. I have seen so many people get fired for poor performance, that were given the same chance as myself, but refused to make the changes necessary to succeed. You must take personal responsibility for your performance with Red Ventures.

The next pro is that Red Ventures wants every agent to feel that they are being rewarded for performance. There are daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly prizes that range from gift cards to cruises, and everything imaginable in between. Agents are often polled to see exactly what prizes would motivate them the most. Commissions are fair. There is a Master Sales Bonus that comes monthly if you perform well and remain with the company for more than a year. The majority of promotions are internal, allowing a transition into corporate if you have a great track record and a matched skill set.

The facility is absolutely amazing. A cafe that serves up a wide variety of meals at an affordable price point ($4 for main course and a side, for everything!). A basketball court, putting green, gym, outdoor terrace, make the amenities of the Charlotte unmatched by the majority of companies. There are housekeepers daily cleaning the restrooms and cleaning the break areas, making it a clean environment. There is an endless supply of Keurig K-cups to keep you energized all day long for free. It is a workplace that you really can be proud to go to work each day.

Cons

The schedule can be unaccommodating at times. Although workforce attempts to work with you, the schedule is based on business needs. This is something anyone that works for this company should really think through before taking a position. They will let you know this in the interview. Let them know your schedule constraints prior to being hired.

Monotony was the ultimate deciding factor in my departure. Four and a half years of back to back calls gets really old. This is the nature of the beast though, and as I looked at it as a con towards in the end, it was this kind of volume that made me succeed in the beginning. If you can't handle a repetitive sale, this may not be the job for you. One plus is that if you do get tired of a sale, there are other businesses you can switch to.

Keep working close with sales agents to make the job better. Create a program that after 3 or 4 years, you can work 100% from home, if something like this were available, I probably would have stayed.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Ventures