Redbox

www.redbox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Wearing jeans is a great perk. But I think they need to really keep professional at some point

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Yes, you can wear jeans. It helps with the cost of dry cleaning. Location is good.

Cons

There is a ton of communication problems within this company. They need processes that work and they need to be enforced. When you need assistance, emails are ignored. Not sure why. Laziness or just plan selfcentered. Been here 2 months and still trying to understand why they have brought me on. I really have no work, and I am extremely bored, while my skills are un-utlized. I am looking to move on.

Redbox people need to be accountable and need management to make them accountable. Some need to removed.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
    Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

The best thing is being able to see movies before released on DVD. There are a bit of flexibility in the work week which is nice as well.

Cons

Internal support is horrid. Little to no guidance for new hires. I have been employed part time with them for almost 2 months and still don't have access to the websites I need to do my job on a weekly basis. I had zero access for the first month including no way to submit time sheets. I had to manually email them in and hope they got passed on.
    My direct manager consistently passes on information that is old and outdated and when compared to other managers of his same level is not consistent. Communication in the company is abysmal.

Retrain the "helpdesk" and get some kind of system in place for access requests and new hires that has some type of visibility for people. I spent over a month with no accounts to get into anything and nobody could help me. Nobody cared and all my suggestions were ignored. I had to threaten to quit twice in order to get somebody to actually spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me. I was usually told they would call me right back with an answer and never received a call.

Everyone Isn't Treated the Same...

Former Employee - Field Support Representative I
    Former Employee - Field Support Representative I

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Open Scheduling
    Watch All the Movies You Want

Cons

Impossible to get a day off, certain percentage has to be done every single day. Unless you double up on one day. You won't get off.

Everyone starts out on a flat rate, and that goes up based on reviews and tenure. I believe what should be taken into account, when it concerns pay, is the number of kiosks/discs(dispatched to them on a weekly) that the field representative is responsible for. For example, one member(with less kiosks) on the team may get as many hours, due to the fact if his distance driving is further. Yet, the person with more kiosks or even more discs, just by using the numbers game and probability; is more prone to having to deal with general errors in sorting, missing discs,etc. and variances(due to numerous machines(QLM failing, Disc stuck, etc), as well as being in the elements more, than the person who is just in their vehicle a bit more.

They both get 40 hours. Yet a person with 20 kiosks whose, distance is greater, compared to the person with 40 kiosks with twice as many discs; just closer together.Their responsibility is greater, and so is probability of error, so their pay should be adjusted according.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox