There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Wearing jeans is a great perk. But I think they need to really keep professional at some point

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Yes, you can wear jeans. It helps with the cost of dry cleaning. Location is good.

Cons

There is a ton of communication problems within this company. They need processes that work and they need to be enforced. When you need assistance, emails are ignored. Not sure why. Laziness or just plan selfcentered. Been here 2 months and still trying to understand why they have brought me on. I really have no work, and I am extremely bored, while my skills are un-utlized. I am looking to move on.

Redbox people need to be accountable and need management to make them accountable. Some need to removed.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
    Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

The best thing is being able to see movies before released on DVD. There are a bit of flexibility in the work week which is nice as well.

Cons

Internal support is horrid. Little to no guidance for new hires. I have been employed part time with them for almost 2 months and still don't have access to the websites I need to do my job on a weekly basis. I had zero access for the first month including no way to submit time sheets. I had to manually email them in and hope they got passed on.
    My direct manager consistently passes on information that is old and outdated and when compared to other managers of his same level is not consistent. Communication in the company is abysmal.

Retrain the "helpdesk" and get some kind of system in place for access requests and new hires that has some type of visibility for people. I spent over a month with no accounts to get into anything and nobody could help me. Nobody cared and all my suggestions were ignored. I had to threaten to quit twice in order to get somebody to actually spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me. I was usually told they would call me right back with an answer and never received a call.

Biggest mistake of my life

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

If you want to wear jeans to work and work in a high paced, high pressure environment with no stability, then this place is for you.

Cons

I was lied to by management as to what my responsibilities would be. I was under the impression that I would be given opportunities to take a leadership role on projects and contribute by using my past experience to help improve efficiency. However, I was treated like a drone and all of my contributions were marginalized. It became such a problem that I could not even talk to co-workers or management as they felt I was an annoying pest. I could do no right no matter how hard I tried but it is a lesson learned. Companies that offer so many superficial perks (who really needs an Xbox or Wii in the office?) like redbox really have internal issues that they're trying to cover.

You make want to take a look internally at what you have before trying to hype up the company. There is a lot of dead weight that makes the environment truly miserable. I regret my decision to work for your company and will no longer encourage friends and family to use any of the kiosks Coinstar/redbox/coffee/othercrap has.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Worked for Redbox? Contribute to the Community!