There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Overall, Redbox will always be near and dear to my heart. They paid very well and were very informative on what needed to be done or changes that were being made. I would still be with the company today, but unfortunately they moved their center to another location. They were very professional about the move, and treated us fairly. They are a great company to work for and I wish them the best of success.

Cons

Hardly any cons, except, at first there were a couple employees that acted as if they were entitled to act and do as they please, however once a particular stance was taken to ensure that people were where they needed to be, it was much better and I appreciate the short time of micromanagement for the betterment of service we provided to our customers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I really liked the job and felt we were compensated accordingly.

Other Employee Reviews for Redbox

Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
    Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

Pros

The best thing is being able to see movies before released on DVD. There are a bit of flexibility in the work week which is nice as well.

Cons

Internal support is horrid. Little to no guidance for new hires. I have been employed part time with them for almost 2 months and still don't have access to the websites I need to do my job on a weekly basis. I had zero access for the first month including no way to submit time sheets. I had to manually email them in and hope they got passed on. My direct manager consistently passes on information that is old and outdated and when compared to other managers of his same level is not consistent. Communication in the company is abysmal.

Advice to Management

Retrain the "helpdesk" and get some kind of system in place for access requests and new hires that has some type of visibility for people. I spent over a month with no accounts to get into anything and nobody could help me. Nobody cared and all my suggestions were ignored. I had to threaten to quit twice in order to get somebody to actually spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me. I was usually told they would call me right back with an answer and never received a call.

Everyone Isn't Treated the Same...

Former Employee - Field Support Representative I
    Former Employee - Field Support Representative I

Pros

Open Scheduling Watch All the Movies You Want

Cons

Impossible to get a day off, certain percentage has to be done every single day. Unless you double up on one day. You won't get off.

Advice to Management

Everyone starts out on a flat rate, and that goes up based on reviews and tenure. I believe what should be taken into account, when it concerns pay, is the number of kiosks/discs(dispatched to them on a weekly) that the field representative is responsible for. For example, one member(with less kiosks) on the team may get as many hours, due to the fact if his distance driving is further. Yet, the person with more kiosks or even more discs, just by using the numbers game and probability; is more prone to having to deal with general errors in sorting, missing discs,etc. and variances(due to numerous machines(QLM failing, Disc stuck, etc), as well as being in the elements more, than the person who is just in their vehicle a bit more. They both get 40 hours. Yet a person with 20 kiosks whose, distance is greater, compared to the person with 40 kiosks with twice as many discs; just closer together.Their responsibility is greater, and so is probability of error, so their pay should be adjusted according.