There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Overall, Redbox will always be near and dear to my heart. They paid very well and were very informative on what needed to be done or changes that were being made. I would still be with the company today, but unfortunately they moved their center to another location. They were very professional about the move, and treated us fairly. They are a great company to work for and I wish them the best of success.

Cons

Hardly any cons, except, at first there were a couple employees that acted as if they were entitled to act and do as they please, however once a particular stance was taken to ensure that people were where they needed to be, it was much better and I appreciate the short time of micromanagement for the betterment of service we provided to our customers.

Keep up the great work, I really liked the job and felt we were compensated accordingly.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Wearing jeans is a great perk. But I think they need to really keep professional at some point

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Yes, you can wear jeans. It helps with the cost of dry cleaning. Location is good.

Cons

There is a ton of communication problems within this company. They need processes that work and they need to be enforced. When you need assistance, emails are ignored. Not sure why. Laziness or just plan selfcentered. Been here 2 months and still trying to understand why they have brought me on. I really have no work, and I am extremely bored, while my skills are un-utlized. I am looking to move on.

Redbox people need to be accountable and need management to make them accountable. Some need to removed.

Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
    Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

The best thing is being able to see movies before released on DVD. There are a bit of flexibility in the work week which is nice as well.

Cons

Internal support is horrid. Little to no guidance for new hires. I have been employed part time with them for almost 2 months and still don't have access to the websites I need to do my job on a weekly basis. I had zero access for the first month including no way to submit time sheets. I had to manually email them in and hope they got passed on.
    My direct manager consistently passes on information that is old and outdated and when compared to other managers of his same level is not consistent. Communication in the company is abysmal.

Retrain the "helpdesk" and get some kind of system in place for access requests and new hires that has some type of visibility for people. I spent over a month with no accounts to get into anything and nobody could help me. Nobody cared and all my suggestions were ignored. I had to threaten to quit twice in order to get somebody to actually spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me. I was usually told they would call me right back with an answer and never received a call.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox