There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Everyone Isn't Treated the Same...

Former Employee - Field Support Representative I
Former Employee - Field Support Representative I

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Open Scheduling
Watch All the Movies You Want

Cons

Impossible to get a day off, certain percentage has to be done every single day. Unless you double up on one day. You won't get off.

Everyone starts out on a flat rate, and that goes up based on reviews and tenure. I believe what should be taken into account, when it concerns pay, is the number of kiosks/discs(dispatched to them on a weekly) that the field representative is responsible for. For example, one member(with less kiosks) on the team may get as many hours, due to the fact if his distance driving is further. Yet, the person with more kiosks or even more discs, just by using the numbers game and probability; is more prone to having to deal with general errors in sorting, missing discs,etc. and variances(due to numerous machines(QLM failing, Disc stuck, etc), as well as being in the elements more, than the person who is just in their vehicle a bit more.

They both get 40 hours. Yet a person with 20 kiosks whose, distance is greater, compared to the person with 40 kiosks with twice as many discs; just closer together.Their responsibility is greater, and so is probability of error, so their pay should be adjusted according.

109 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Overworked and underpaid

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Meeting new and interesting customers on a daily basis and seeing the regulars appreciate you for the service you provide

Cons

There is no reimbursement for using your own vehicle and when driving 500 miles a week, that becomes very taxing on costs for maintenance and gas.
    Not enough time at home
    Communication with regional supervisor was often non existent

If they are wanting to keep quality employees, they have to take the time to properly train the staff that they have. They should also have a better way for staff to be in touch with upper management than annual skip level meetings.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Overall, Redbox will always be near and dear to my heart. They paid very well and were very informative on what needed to be done or changes that were being made. I would still be with the company today, but unfortunately they moved their center to another location. They were very professional about the move, and treated us fairly. They are a great company to work for and I wish them the best of success.

Cons

Hardly any cons, except, at first there were a couple employees that acted as if they were entitled to act and do as they please, however once a particular stance was taken to ensure that people were where they needed to be, it was much better and I appreciate the short time of micromanagement for the betterment of service we provided to our customers.

Keep up the great work, I really liked the job and felt we were compensated accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox