Redbox

www.redbox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Everyone Isn't Treated the Same...

Former Employee - Field Support Representative I
Former Employee - Field Support Representative I

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Open Scheduling
Watch All the Movies You Want

Cons

Impossible to get a day off, certain percentage has to be done every single day. Unless you double up on one day. You won't get off.

Everyone starts out on a flat rate, and that goes up based on reviews and tenure. I believe what should be taken into account, when it concerns pay, is the number of kiosks/discs(dispatched to them on a weekly) that the field representative is responsible for. For example, one member(with less kiosks) on the team may get as many hours, due to the fact if his distance driving is further. Yet, the person with more kiosks or even more discs, just by using the numbers game and probability; is more prone to having to deal with general errors in sorting, missing discs,etc. and variances(due to numerous machines(QLM failing, Disc stuck, etc), as well as being in the elements more, than the person who is just in their vehicle a bit more.

They both get 40 hours. Yet a person with 20 kiosks whose, distance is greater, compared to the person with 40 kiosks with twice as many discs; just closer together.Their responsibility is greater, and so is probability of error, so their pay should be adjusted according.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Overworked and underpaid

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Meeting new and interesting customers on a daily basis and seeing the regulars appreciate you for the service you provide

Cons

There is no reimbursement for using your own vehicle and when driving 500 miles a week, that becomes very taxing on costs for maintenance and gas.
    Not enough time at home
    Communication with regional supervisor was often non existent

If they are wanting to keep quality employees, they have to take the time to properly train the staff that they have. They should also have a better way for staff to be in touch with upper management than annual skip level meetings.

Biggest mistake of my life

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

If you want to wear jeans to work and work in a high paced, high pressure environment with no stability, then this place is for you.

Cons

I was lied to by management as to what my responsibilities would be. I was under the impression that I would be given opportunities to take a leadership role on projects and contribute by using my past experience to help improve efficiency. However, I was treated like a drone and all of my contributions were marginalized. It became such a problem that I could not even talk to co-workers or management as they felt I was an annoying pest. I could do no right no matter how hard I tried but it is a lesson learned. Companies that offer so many superficial perks (who really needs an Xbox or Wii in the office?) like redbox really have internal issues that they're trying to cover.

You make want to take a look internally at what you have before trying to hype up the company. There is a lot of dead weight that makes the environment truly miserable. I regret my decision to work for your company and will no longer encourage friends and family to use any of the kiosks Coinstar/redbox/coffee/othercrap has.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox