There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Everyone Isn't Treated the Same...

Former Employee - Field Support Representative I
Former Employee - Field Support Representative I

Pros

Open Scheduling Watch All the Movies You Want

Cons

Impossible to get a day off, certain percentage has to be done every single day. Unless you double up on one day. You won't get off.

Advice to Management

Everyone starts out on a flat rate, and that goes up based on reviews and tenure. I believe what should be taken into account, when it concerns pay, is the number of kiosks/discs(dispatched to them on a weekly) that the field representative is responsible for. For example, one member(with less kiosks) on the team may get as many hours, due to the fact if his distance driving is further. Yet, the person with more kiosks or even more discs, just by using the numbers game and probability; is more prone to having to deal with general errors in sorting, missing discs,etc. and variances(due to numerous machines(QLM failing, Disc stuck, etc), as well as being in the elements more, than the person who is just in their vehicle a bit more. They both get 40 hours. Yet a person with 20 kiosks whose, distance is greater, compared to the person with 40 kiosks with twice as many discs; just closer together.Their responsibility is greater, and so is probability of error, so their pay should be adjusted according.

Other Employee Reviews for Redbox

1. Overworked and underpaid

Pros

Meeting new and interesting customers on a daily basis and seeing the regulars appreciate you for the service you provide

Cons

There is no reimbursement for using your own vehicle and when driving 500 miles a week, that becomes very taxing on costs for maintenance and gas. Not enough time at home Communication with regional supervisor was often non existent

Advice to Management

If they are wanting to keep quality employees, they have to take the time to properly train the staff that they have. They should also have a better way for staff to be in touch with upper management than annual skip level meetings.

Wearing jeans is a great perk. But I think they need to really keep professional at some point

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

Pros

Yes, you can wear jeans. It helps with the cost of dry cleaning. Location is good.

Cons

There is a ton of communication problems within this company. They need processes that work and they need to be enforced. When you need assistance, emails are ignored. Not sure why. Laziness or just plan selfcentered. Been here 2 months and still trying to understand why they have brought me on. I really have no work, and I am extremely bored, while my skills are un-utlized. I am looking to move on.

Advice to Management

Redbox people need to be accountable and need management to make them accountable. Some need to removed.