There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

The best thing is being able to see movies before released on DVD. There are a bit of flexibility in the work week which is nice as well.

Cons

Internal support is horrid. Little to no guidance for new hires. I have been employed part time with them for almost 2 months and still don't have access to the websites I need to do my job on a weekly basis. I had zero access for the first month including no way to submit time sheets. I had to manually email them in and hope they got passed on.
My direct manager consistently passes on information that is old and outdated and when compared to other managers of his same level is not consistent. Communication in the company is abysmal.

Advice to Management

Retrain the "helpdesk" and get some kind of system in place for access requests and new hires that has some type of visibility for people. I spent over a month with no accounts to get into anything and nobody could help me. Nobody cared and all my suggestions were ignored. I had to threaten to quit twice in order to get somebody to actually spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me. I was usually told they would call me right back with an answer and never received a call.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overworked and underpaid

I worked at Redbox

Pros

Meeting new and interesting customers on a daily basis and seeing the regulars appreciate you for the service you provide

Cons

There is no reimbursement for using your own vehicle and when driving 500 miles a week, that becomes very taxing on costs for maintenance and gas.
    Not enough time at home
    Communication with regional supervisor was often non existent

Advice to Management

If they are wanting to keep quality employees, they have to take the time to properly train the staff that they have. They should also have a better way for staff to be in touch with upper management than annual skip level meetings.

Biggest mistake of my life

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

If you want to wear jeans to work and work in a high paced, high pressure environment with no stability, then this place is for you.

Cons

I was lied to by management as to what my responsibilities would be. I was under the impression that I would be given opportunities to take a leadership role on projects and contribute by using my past experience to help improve efficiency. However, I was treated like a drone and all of my contributions were marginalized. It became such a problem that I could not even talk to co-workers or management as they felt I was an annoying pest. I could do no right no matter how hard I tried but it is a lesson learned. Companies that offer so many superficial perks (who really needs an Xbox or Wii in the office?) like redbox really have internal issues that they're trying to cover.

Advice to Management

You make want to take a look internally at what you have before trying to hype up the company. There is a lot of dead weight that makes the environment truly miserable. I regret my decision to work for your company and will no longer encourage friends and family to use any of the kiosks Coinstar/redbox/coffee/othercrap has.