There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

The best thing is being able to see movies before released on DVD. There are a bit of flexibility in the work week which is nice as well.

Cons

Internal support is horrid. Little to no guidance for new hires. I have been employed part time with them for almost 2 months and still don't have access to the websites I need to do my job on a weekly basis. I had zero access for the first month including no way to submit time sheets. I had to manually email them in and hope they got passed on.
My direct manager consistently passes on information that is old and outdated and when compared to other managers of his same level is not consistent. Communication in the company is abysmal.

Retrain the "helpdesk" and get some kind of system in place for access requests and new hires that has some type of visibility for people. I spent over a month with no accounts to get into anything and nobody could help me. Nobody cared and all my suggestions were ignored. I had to threaten to quit twice in order to get somebody to actually spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me. I was usually told they would call me right back with an answer and never received a call.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Biggest mistake of my life

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

If you want to wear jeans to work and work in a high paced, high pressure environment with no stability, then this place is for you.

Cons

I was lied to by management as to what my responsibilities would be. I was under the impression that I would be given opportunities to take a leadership role on projects and contribute by using my past experience to help improve efficiency. However, I was treated like a drone and all of my contributions were marginalized. It became such a problem that I could not even talk to co-workers or management as they felt I was an annoying pest. I could do no right no matter how hard I tried but it is a lesson learned. Companies that offer so many superficial perks (who really needs an Xbox or Wii in the office?) like redbox really have internal issues that they're trying to cover.

You make want to take a look internally at what you have before trying to hype up the company. There is a lot of dead weight that makes the environment truly miserable. I regret my decision to work for your company and will no longer encourage friends and family to use any of the kiosks Coinstar/redbox/coffee/othercrap has.

Awesome at first and going down the tubes fast.

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

You can be on the move all the time. When the weather is nice, it is good to be outside. You can sleep in. Sleeping in is the best part. When the weather is awful, raining, snowing, ice, sleet, hail, below 0 temps, it is absolutely miserable.

Cons

Coinstar is the mother company of Redbox. Coinstar makes policies on a continual basis (I mean every week). There is extremely poor communication between all levels of management. They give no praise when it is deserved and there is absolutely no way of getting promoted when you are not centrally located within any area. I have worked for the company for several years. I was promised a promotion when one became available. Then when one did, I was told that the policy for promotion had just barely changed and that I lived 10 miles too far out of the central area. So, my promotion went to someone that had only worked for the company for 6 months. So, now they pay that person hourly to drive 30, 40, 50 miles to fix machines, and sometimes hundreds of miles. I'm sure glad that my ten miles would have hurt them so much. Just so that everyone is clear, I work my guts out and always have for this company....and no, you're not rewarded if you work hard. Nobody cares.

Remember that your success depends highly on the happiness of your employees and Coinstar has completely flushed that down the toilet in the last two years. Dissatisfaction is at an all time high. I don't know where they are getting all of these positive comments for Redbox but it does not give an accurate representation of what is really being felt out in the field. I, as of many that I work with, are completely honest and trustworthy people who work very hard. When a company constantly demeans its employees by threatening to fire them for the tiniest infractions and tells us that if we don't like it, there are sooooo many to take our place, it shoves morale down. Also, you know there are glitches within the system, but you don't care. You choose to blame the employees for missing inventory when it could just be sitting in a machine. Instead of focusing on where there actually might be an issue where people are stealing, you make a policy that you now must call your employees every month and ask them where 15 DVD's are when we handle tens of thousands. Now that Redbox is renting games, we've been told that if even 1 comes up missing, even if it is a glitch, we will be written up and fired. Everyone feels as though we are being accused of stealing and being accused of being dishonest. Yes, I know, one bad apple spoils the batch...but you make everyone pay. NOT GOOD. Figure out a way to boost morale or you're going to put your company is not going to survive when the economy turns around. I know many people who would quit today if they had a different job to go to. So guess what happens when jobs open up again.....you're going to have huge turn around on a constant basis...and I have a feeling that you will have problems with theft at that point because you won't be able to keep anybody around. What is the biggest insult is, is that I have NEVER stolen anything and many people that I work with have not either.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Worked for Redbox? Contribute to the Community!