Redbox
www.redbox.com Oakbrook Terrace, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Field Support Rep II

Field Service Representative Level II (Former Employee)

I worked at Redbox full-time for more than 3 years

Prosget to watch movies first and for free. dress code, very relaxed. good benefits (i.e medical, dental....)

ConsWay too Micro Managed! Corporate has no idea what goes on or what it takes to run the field ops. Has no clue how or what it takes to maintain kiosks in rural/remote areas. Lots of travel (1,000+ miles) a week, yes a WEEK! Winter time can be brutal. Working on outdoor kiosks in -20 degree weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't evaluate all techs with one generic "cookie cutter" metrics. Remote/Rural techs travel hundreds of miles and only able to get to a few machines while "in city" techs can get to 10+ machines in the same amount of time. Then during review remote techs are told they haven't done enough. Also management needs to understand that kiosks are not "just down at the end of hall and turn right at the water cooler", some of them are in very remote locations and someone has to go to them.

Was a great company....

Regional Manager (Current Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Redbox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very generous compensation. Great benefits. Great feild employees Cons: Corporate has no idea what field employees are put through. They are given more and more work but no more hours to get it… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your field employees like you value them. Let the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Former FS1 "Horrible company and it will not be around longer then 3 more years"

Field Service Representative I (Former Employee)
Fishkill, NY

I worked at Redbox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The Pros was being on you own. Cons: I have worked for the company for 5 years and let go which are in the guidelines of wrongful termination due to discrimination. The company… Advice to Senior Management: Replace all managers that know how to manage. Meaning fire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Redbox.

Worked for Redbox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Redbox reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Redbox CEO Mark Horak . All reviews posted anonymously by Redbox employees.