Redbox

www.redbox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Fun

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Redbox has a nice small-company atmosphere and because it's a fairly new company there are still many little perks for corporate employees, such as free food, game rooms, occasional on-site massages (not free, but discounted) , and access to other discounted services.

Cons

As the company grows the perks are slowly disappearing and office politics seem to have more and more play in how things get done.

Remember how Redbox got started and was successful. Motivated, hard-working, happy, creative thinkers have always been the driving force behind Redbox's success. Don't replace the Redbox atmosphere with Coinstar's.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Redbox is a great place to work.

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Redbox provides a unique work environment by allowing a good blend of company practices, guidelines and expectations with the flexibility of working within a smaller team. Positive words that describe a Redbox working experience: values, leadership, teamwork, flexibility, family-oriented, opportunity and forward-thinking!

Cons

It has grown more corporate-minded and has lost some of the charm it once had when I first began working there. Some tasks are heavily micromanaged. Instead of increasing training, expectations are lowered to the least common denominator.

Have to work during important holiday weeks - if the work cannot be completed on time, you may have to work the weekend to avoid working the holiday. When I worked in an office setting, a holiday was a holiday. It's understandable, tho, given the nature of the job. Someone has to put the movies in the machines, even if it's a holiday week. It's just difficult to adjust to.

Seek more advice from the field! Even if we aren't supervisors, many of us have vast experiences and skills that aren't being utilized. Let us help you make this company the best it can be!

promotions are only available to those already in management positions

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility and the company cares about the environment.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be much room for growth. What's more disturbing is when the company has hiring freezes, it appears that the freeze does not apply to senior management.

As a whole we love our benefits package and flexibility, but in the last few years the chance to move up from a non-mamagement role is almost impossible. We need to create a better path and managers need to make REAL career plans for their employesss

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox