Redbox

www.redbox.com
  www.redbox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Redbox has been a great opportunity for me as a college student, wife, and mother.

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

You are allowed to create your own work hours during the day as long as they are Monday-Friday. No set number of hours to work in a day. You are basically your own boss as long as you do your job and meet the expectaions that are given to you. Redbox has been a great employer!

Cons

As an FSR1 you have to drive your own car. You are paid mileage reimbursment but the miles on your car rack up fast!

115 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Fun

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Redbox has a nice small-company atmosphere and because it's a fairly new company there are still many little perks for corporate employees, such as free food, game rooms, occasional on-site massages (not free, but discounted) , and access to other discounted services.

Cons

As the company grows the perks are slowly disappearing and office politics seem to have more and more play in how things get done.

Remember how Redbox got started and was successful. Motivated, hard-working, happy, creative thinkers have always been the driving force behind Redbox's success. Don't replace the Redbox atmosphere with Coinstar's.

Redbox is a great place to work.

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Redbox provides a unique work environment by allowing a good blend of company practices, guidelines and expectations with the flexibility of working within a smaller team. Positive words that describe a Redbox working experience: values, leadership, teamwork, flexibility, family-oriented, opportunity and forward-thinking!

Cons

It has grown more corporate-minded and has lost some of the charm it once had when I first began working there. Some tasks are heavily micromanaged. Instead of increasing training, expectations are lowered to the least common denominator.

Have to work during important holiday weeks - if the work cannot be completed on time, you may have to work the weekend to avoid working the holiday. When I worked in an office setting, a holiday was a holiday. It's understandable, tho, given the nature of the job. Someone has to put the movies in the machines, even if it's a holiday week. It's just difficult to adjust to.

Seek more advice from the field! Even if we aren't supervisors, many of us have vast experiences and skills that aren't being utilized. Let us help you make this company the best it can be!

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox