There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

This is a great job.

Current Employee - Field Service Representative Level II
Current Employee - Field Service Representative Level II

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

I know that my direct management team supports me.
When you are ready to work towards promotion, the opportunity to prove yourself is there.
The job itself is fun and pretty direct.
Even if customers have complaints they are happy to see you.
The responsibility of being the only human interaction many customers get to experience.
Movies!

Cons

It is not as easy going as one would expect of a job of this nature. It feels as if Market Share is not in balance with the Company philosiphy. Lack of communication and preparation when it comes to making many changes. It doesn't feel like the company views each market on an individual basis, even though it has a pretty extensive chain of command.

I know that the "Redbox Lifestyle" isn't as profitable as some business models, and in some cases has been abused, but it fosters a willingness to do more and strive more in many employees (I know that I turned down a higher paying job with better benefits because I appreciated the way that Redbox was treating me).
Many of our new procedures feel like they should be focused on markets that are consistently not meeting goals or are regularly having problems. If a market is having a problem, then that market may need more guidance. If an individual is having a problem, then that individual may need more guidance. Some reigning in seems necessary, but doing so this stringently and widespread instead of viewing each market as an individual growing creature can easily become a bigger waste of resources.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

Redbox has been a great opportunity for me as a college student, wife, and mother.

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
    Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

You are allowed to create your own work hours during the day as long as they are Monday-Friday. No set number of hours to work in a day. You are basically your own boss as long as you do your job and meet the expectaions that are given to you. Redbox has been a great employer!

Cons

As an FSR1 you have to drive your own car. You are paid mileage reimbursment but the miles on your car rack up fast!

Fun

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

Redbox has a nice small-company atmosphere and because it's a fairly new company there are still many little perks for corporate employees, such as free food, game rooms, occasional on-site massages (not free, but discounted) , and access to other discounted services.

Cons

As the company grows the perks are slowly disappearing and office politics seem to have more and more play in how things get done.

Remember how Redbox got started and was successful. Motivated, hard-working, happy, creative thinkers have always been the driving force behind Redbox's success. Don't replace the Redbox atmosphere with Coinstar's.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Worked for Redbox? Contribute to the Community!