Redbox

www.redbox.com
  www.redbox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

If one is in a part-time position, the benefits are awesome. Full-time brings even more benefits. The people are great to work with as well.

Cons

I would like to see even faster growth than the company is exhibiting. This would lead to greater route expansion; leading to more working hours.

Be more aggressive in kiosk placement. There are many areas that would like to see your kiosks and take advantage of lower rental prices. You have a great idea.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Redbox (View Most Recent)

This is a great job.

Current Employee - Field Service Representative Level II
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative Level II

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

I know that my direct management team supports me.
    When you are ready to work towards promotion, the opportunity to prove yourself is there.
    The job itself is fun and pretty direct.
    Even if customers have complaints they are happy to see you.
    The responsibility of being the only human interaction many customers get to experience.
    Movies!

Cons

It is not as easy going as one would expect of a job of this nature. It feels as if Market Share is not in balance with the Company philosiphy. Lack of communication and preparation when it comes to making many changes. It doesn't feel like the company views each market on an individual basis, even though it has a pretty extensive chain of command.

I know that the "Redbox Lifestyle" isn't as profitable as some business models, and in some cases has been abused, but it fosters a willingness to do more and strive more in many employees (I know that I turned down a higher paying job with better benefits because I appreciated the way that Redbox was treating me).
    Many of our new procedures feel like they should be focused on markets that are consistently not meeting goals or are regularly having problems. If a market is having a problem, then that market may need more guidance. If an individual is having a problem, then that individual may need more guidance. Some reigning in seems necessary, but doing so this stringently and widespread instead of viewing each market as an individual growing creature can easily become a bigger waste of resources.

Redbox has been a great opportunity for me as a college student, wife, and mother.

I have been working at Redbox

Pros

You are allowed to create your own work hours during the day as long as they are Monday-Friday. No set number of hours to work in a day. You are basically your own boss as long as you do your job and meet the expectaions that are given to you. Redbox has been a great employer!

Cons

As an FSR1 you have to drive your own car. You are paid mileage reimbursment but the miles on your car rack up fast!

There are newer employer reviews for Redbox