Redbox
www.redbox.com Villa Park, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Awesome at first and going down the tubes fast.

Field Support Representative I (Current Employee)

ProsYou can be on the move all the time. When the weather is nice, it is good to be outside. You can sleep in. Sleeping in is the best part. When the weather is awful, raining, snowing, ice, sleet, hail, below 0 temps, it is absolutely miserable.

ConsCoinstar is the mother company of Redbox. Coinstar makes policies on a continual basis (I mean every week). There is extremely poor communication between all levels of management. They give no praise when it is deserved and there is absolutely no way of getting promoted when you are not centrally located within any area. I have worked for the company for several years. I was promised a promotion when one became available. Then when one did, I was told that the policy for promotion had just barely changed and that I lived 10 miles too far out of the central area. So, my promotion went to someone that had only worked for the company for 6 months. So, now they pay that person hourly to drive 30, 40, 50 miles to fix machines, and sometimes hundreds of miles. I'm sure glad that my ten miles would have hurt them so much. Just so that everyone is clear, I work my guts out and always have for this company....and no, you're not rewarded if you work hard. Nobody cares.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your success depends highly on the happiness of your employees and Coinstar has completely flushed that down the toilet in the last two years. Dissatisfaction is at an all time high. I don't know where they are getting all of these positive comments for Redbox but it does not give an accurate representation of what is really being felt out in the field. I, as of many that I work with, are completely honest and trustworthy people who work very hard. When a company constantly demeans its employees by threatening to fire them for the tiniest infractions and tells us that if we don't like it, there are sooooo many to take our place, it shoves morale down. Also, you know there are glitches within the system, but you don't care. You choose to blame the employees for missing inventory when it could just be sitting in a machine. Instead of focusing on where there actually might be an issue where people are stealing, you make a policy that you now must call your employees every month and ask them where 15 DVD's are when we handle tens of thousands. Now that Redbox is renting games, we've been told that if even 1 comes up missing, even if it is a glitch, we will be written up and fired. Everyone feels as though we are being accused of stealing and being accused of being dishonest. Yes, I know, one bad apple spoils the batch...but you make everyone pay. NOT GOOD. Figure out a way to boost morale or you're going to put your company is not going to survive when the economy turns around. I know many people who would quit today if they had a different job to go to. So guess what happens when jobs open up again.....you're going to have huge turn around on a constant basis...and I have a feeling that you will have problems with theft at that point because you won't be able to keep anybody around. What is the biggest insult is, is that I have NEVER stolen anything and many people that I work with have not either.

Great company to work for.

Field Support Representative I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Redbox

Pros: If one is in a part-time position, the benefits are awesome. Full-time… Cons: I would like to see even faster growth than the company is… Advice to Senior Management: Be more aggressive in kiosk placement. There are many areas that would like to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This is a great job.

Field Service Representative Level II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Redbox

Pros: I know that my direct management team supports me. When you are ready to work towards promotion, the opportunity to prove yourself is there. The job itself… Cons: It is not as easy going as one would expect of a job of this nature. It feels as if Market Share is not… Advice to Senior Management: I know that the "Redbox Lifestyle" isn't as profitable as some business models, and in some cases has been abused, but it fosters a willingness… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Redbox.

Worked for Redbox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Redbox reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Redbox CEO Mark Horak . All reviews posted anonymously by Redbox employees.