There are newer employer reviews for Reddwerks Corporation

Things that are great about Reddwerks!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Reddwerks Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Austin is a great city. Steady paycheck. Made a couple of good friends.

Cons

Nothing. I don't get it why anyone with decent technical skills would ever want to work at this company?! This is not a normal company. Hours are extremely long. Because of the nature of the business you are expected to work over the weekends. There's nothing special about the work culture here. The product is decent with limited market growth. You are compensated way below average, at least I was. And on top of everything your work is never appreciated no matter how hard you work. I am glad I realized it earlier and parted my ways.

Listen to what your people are complaining about and stop writing fake reviews. It is quite obvious which of the reviews are implanted by HR.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Reddwerks Corporation (View Most Recent)

Poor Judgement

I worked at Reddwerks Corporation full-time

Pros

There are (were?) some great people. There are some interesting technical challenges.

Cons

All you need to know about Reddwerks:

* There is an employee morale problem, as evidenced by reviews on Glassdoor.
    * The CEO chooses to respond to the crisis by flooding Glassdoor with positive reviews.

If HR is complicit in this nonsense, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Focus on the root causes rather than arguing with your employees in a public forum. You look ridiculous. Start listening to the people (if there are any left) that are competent, willing, and able to fix the issues you are facing.

Advice to prospective employees: Be aware that any review posted in the last ~18 months with an "Approves of CEO" rating was written by the CEO or one of his representatives. Interpret them accordingly.

Stop the glassdoor soap opera and FIX YOUR COMPANY!!!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Reddwerks Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Some very smart and clever people work here.
    -When you remove all the BS that you have to go through to work here, the actual engineering problems are actually very exciting and stimulating, which is the ONLY reason this company is even able to hire those 'smart and clever people'.
    -There's free soda.

Cons

I decided to write this review to support the 'real' reviews on this site and try to counter balance all the fake 4 and 5 star reviews on here.

-A CEO that is insane for all intents and purposes. Back in the day he probably knew what he was doing, but his ego in recent years has gotten WAY out of control to the point where he doesn't listen to his VP's anymore and just spends his days yelling at people and writing fake reviews on this site. Don't pay ANY attention to the 4 or 5 star reviews of this company on this site, they're all from the CEO or his HR team, extremely shameful behavior.
    -Lack of sufficient planning on projects, deadlines are decided seemingly arbitrarily (at least in the eyes of the engineers and QA team), leading to disaster deployments, 16 hour days, and no weekends.
    -No seeming company direction other than fancy PR and marketing campaigns, though I wonder how that will pan out now since their head of marketing just quit last week,

The 'good' reviews tout of the company's 'high quality' product, which is all a huge joke. There are some good 'parts' of the product, but basically their 'product' is one giant mess of a Struts 1 project in their code repo. For each new 'customer' they LITERALLY copy and paste the same code mess and just change the logos. Then it's the engineers' jobs to tweak the code to make it fit the always vastly different requirements of the next customer. To top it off there is NO test automation, NO code reviews, and hell, they don't even write unit tests. The day to day job of an engineer there is to make a small change to this 10 year old blob of code and then pray to god that it doesn't blow up during production and get them a support call at 3am. They've let their technical debt get so out of control that it severely limits their ability to grow as a company and costs them in lost time, lost revenue, and employees (usually people will get so fed up after a deployment, that they'll usually lose at least 1 or 2 employees after each deployment).

I wish I were exaggerating when I say all these things, but the sad thing is that I'm not....

Get your head out of your nether region and work on fixing your company rather than flooding this site with fake good reviews, and LISTEN to your project managers and engineers. If you really have destroyed this company beyond repair like some think you have, then do everyone a favor and shut the company down.

There are newer employer reviews for Reddwerks Corporation