Redfin

Your Indispensible, just another gopher

Former Employee - Field Agent in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Field Agent in San Diego, CA

I worked at Redfin

Pros

Flexible work schedule you can make your own, ok pay except now gas prices are so ridiculous it doesn't really make you much, pay for your lunches at meetings, fly you to corporate for 'so called' training.

Cons

No training, middle management does not know how to communicate to field agents neither do coordinators they make mistakes in your schedule all of the time, agents just don't answer their phones or return calls in a timely manner, no direct deposit, paychecks take weeks to arrive, agents and coordinators stay in their cliques and will throw field agents under the bus, you will never have a real 'career' in real estate if you work here.

Train middle management to actually communicate and educate field agents and teach agents and coordinators how to communicate to the field.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Redfin (View Most Recent)

Very, very smart people, headed in a good direction...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin

Pros

Very smart people, motivated and driven by more than a paycheck. Energized environment, always moving, fast-paced. Great benefits! Motivated to do the right thing, always, and absolutely committed to customers 100%.

Cons

We value failing fast, but we move too quickly at times. Communication channels could improve. We'd benefit from a little more structure across the board so people know what to expect, how to grow, and how to be successful.

Slow down a little. Take the time necessary to do things right. We can fail fast, but let's at least take the time to think about all of the details & impacts of decisions we make before taking risks. Then actually address how we've failed so we don't repeat the same mistakes.

fast paced, fun place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin

Pros

camaraderie, hackathons, catered lunches, great speakers at brownbugs, transparency by leadership team, challenging work, balanced hours

Cons

half the engineering team is in SF, so some collaboration by phone is needed, but manageable

There are newer employer reviews for Redfin