Redfin

www.redfin.com

Love Redfin Engineering

Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCompany Wide
* Awesome co-workers all around. Engineering/RealEstate/Marketing/Operations - just great people
* Great health benefits for employees and their families
* Glenn (CEO) is awesome. He is extremely candid and transparent. I feel like I can walk into his office at any time and speak to him about any idea/issue/decision. At my last company, senior management had little communication with the rest of the organization. Spent too much time playing politics and raking in their big bonuses. Total opposite here. I feel like Glenn and co want everyone at Redfin to succeed, and truly care about each employee.
* Other random benefits include ton of free food, catered lunch at HQ and SF offices, lots of happy hours, parties, get-togethers.
* Good work-life balance
* People are customer focused and have great values. Always want to do the right thing for the customer

Engineering
* Extremely smart co-workers. Before joining, I had no idea that engineering was so strong. Mix of really good Senior Devs/PMs and top-tier university recruits that know their stuff.
* Everyone is extremely helpful and accommodating. No egos here.
* 2 Hackathons per year. Build some great prototypes and new technologies with people across different teams.
* Engineering tries to keep meetings to a minimum to let devs work on actually building things.
* Lots of interesting (and challenging) projects to work on

Cons* Free food, way too much of it
* There are some dev annoyances (tools/builds/deploys) that could be improved. This should mostly be alleviated by changes currently being implemented
* Seems like work-life balance varies by team. Senior management tells employees to ensure they have a healthy work-life balance, but not sure it's always possible in practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementAwesome job

This is the truth believe it or not, the truth never lies

Real Estate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Perks and benefits for web designers (aka engineers). Free lunches, great salary, free… Cons: Real Estate agents- Are over worked. 70-80hr weeks for very low pay. The middle managers do not know anything. Its the blind leading the… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better and more fair (real estate operations). Yes Redfin is a tech company in the fact that its a website, but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

boring, no room for advancement, very disorganized

Field Agent (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

I worked at Redfin

Pros: Lots of leads, good way to gain experience Cons: No room for advancement, no real recognition for high level… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of the people in the front lines, that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Redfin.

Worked for Redfin? Contribute to the Community!