There are newer employer reviews for Redfin

Great co-workers, amazing work, acceptable culture

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Redfin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Redfin employs some of the smartest people I know, and they all care about doing their very best work. What's more, it's easy to enjoy working (and not working!) with them. The engineering is exciting and interesting, and with the combination of the great co-workers, it's easy to look forward to going to work. The perks are great, too - catered lunch a few days a week, generous time off, excellent insurance, and more fun than you can shake a stick at. Even better, you're really breaking new ground in an industry resistant to change, and individually having a big impact, which makes work really satisfying.

Cons

Redfin feels more corporate than it ought to - the internal values, and how they're encouraged, feels just like the encouragement of flair at Chotchkies. Unfortunately that undercurrent pervades many other parts of the culture, as well - not in many obvious ways, but as an influence. Not to say that the culture is entirely bad - Redfin has its heart in the right place, and on the personal level, the culture is as great as you could hope for.

Advice to Management

Be better about identifying where individuals are causing more harm than good, and be aggressive in fixing it.

Other Employee Reviews for Redfin

Feels good to be a part of this

Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that what I do here and my input actually makes a difference. Management listens. The people are very intelligent and fun to work with. I would join a cult if Glen Kelman was the leader.

Cons

There's often a gap in communication between HQ and the field that causes confusion from time to time.

Advice to Management

Streamline communication.

2. Great!

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, great culture, up-potential, lots of perks and events,

Cons

Some growing pains around transitioning from a small to a large engineering org. Not really a con, but an interesting time with lots of opportunity to make it an even better place.

Advice to Management

Keep us on the winning track!