Redfin

www.redfin.com
  www.redfin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Redfin

Feels good to be a part of this

Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love that what I do here and my input actually makes a difference. Management listens. The people are very intelligent and fun to work with. I would join a cult if Glen Kelman was the leader.

Cons

There's often a gap in communication between HQ and the field that causes confusion from time to time.

Streamline communication.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Redfin (View Most Recent)

Great!

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, great culture, up-potential, lots of perks and events,

Cons

Some growing pains around transitioning from a small to a large engineering org. Not really a con, but an interesting time with lots of opportunity to make it an even better place.

Keep us on the winning track!

Love Redfin Engineering

Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company Wide
    * Awesome co-workers all around. Engineering/RealEstate/Marketing/Operations - just great people
    * Great health benefits for employees and their families
    * Glenn (CEO) is awesome. He is extremely candid and transparent. I feel like I can walk into his office at any time and speak to him about any idea/issue/decision. At my last company, senior management had little communication with the rest of the organization. Spent too much time playing politics and raking in their big bonuses. Total opposite here. I feel like Glenn and co want everyone at Redfin to succeed, and truly care about each employee.
    * Other random benefits include ton of free food, catered lunch at HQ and SF offices, lots of happy hours, parties, get-togethers.
    * Good work-life balance
    * People are customer focused and have great values. Always want to do the right thing for the customer

Engineering
    * Extremely smart co-workers. Before joining, I had no idea that engineering was so strong. Mix of really good Senior Devs/PMs and top-tier university recruits that know their stuff.
    * Everyone is extremely helpful and accommodating. No egos here.
    * 2 Hackathons per year. Build some great prototypes and new technologies with people across different teams.
    * Engineering tries to keep meetings to a minimum to let devs work on actually building things.
    * Lots of interesting (and challenging) projects to work on

Cons

* Free food, way too much of it
    * There are some dev annoyances (tools/builds/deploys) that could be improved. This should mostly be alleviated by changes currently being implemented
    * Seems like work-life balance varies by team. Senior management tells employees to ensure they have a healthy work-life balance, but not sure it's always possible in practice.

Awesome job