Redfin

www.redfin.com
  www.redfin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Redfin

The best intern experience I could have asked for

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer Intern in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Software Development Engineer Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Redfin as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Challenging and fulfilling work
Incredibly smart, friendly employees
Access to great mentors who were always willing to help
Interns feel very appreciated and are spoiled with perks and events
Offices in San Francisco and Seattle
I learned a ton

Cons

None that I can think of

91 Other Employee Reviews for Redfin (View Most Recent)

Labor of Love

Current Employee - Lead Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Redfin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I began my career at Redfin in a new market which provided tons of opportunities for real estate education and growth. In 3 years' time I was promoted from Associate Agent to Lead. Mind you, I work hard for my clients, and put forth my best every day to make it happen. Anyone new to real estate, 0-3 years, (or re-entry) Redfin is the perfect place to learn while you earn. Anyone with experience can feel confident serving clients with the backing and support of a corporation. Trust and believe you must come to the table fearless,
    self-motivated and ready to put the customer first.

I absolutely love what I do, and can easily spend 60 hours a week doing it, but it's nice to know when I need time off, that I have team and management support. Create your own schedule!

Relaxed, casual atmosphere and fun vibe. Who else has a ping pong table in the meeting room, and wine/beer in the fridge?

Ability to help others in their real estate career.

Cons

In a perfect world, there would be no cons. However, a few needed improvements that come to mind are:
    1.Better HQ communication to the local markets.
    2. More and better local trainings on systems, real estate operations
    3. Local marketing

No Team Approach, Young, Inexperienced Agents and Management, Agents are Robots

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Redfin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a Redfin agent you do receive lots of leads and get a monthly salary with benefits for you and your family.

Cons

The leads don't transcend into dollars for the agents, only dollars for the company. The customer rebate is greater than what the real estate agent is paid for their bonus based solely on a client survey and sales prices of a home. The monthly salary for agents is minuscule and Redfin agents are definitely not the best paid agents in the industry. Redfin advertises their agents as having a team but the team is only looking out for themselves. Blocking out your schedule so you are never available to work/tour clients is not the team approach, in my opinion. In my experience as a Redfin agent, your team stabs you in the back whenever they have an opportunity.

Hire management with more experience and stop hiring inexperienced agent.

There are newer employer reviews for Redfin