There are newer employer reviews for Redfin

The best intern experience I could have asked for

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer Intern  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Software Development Engineer Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Redfin as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Challenging and fulfilling work
Incredibly smart, friendly employees
Access to great mentors who were always willing to help
Interns feel very appreciated and are spoiled with perks and events
Offices in San Francisco and Seattle
I learned a ton

Cons

None that I can think of

79 Other Employee Reviews for Redfin (View Most Recent)

No Team Approach, Young, Inexperienced Agents and Management, Agents are Robots

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Redfin full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a Redfin agent you do receive lots of leads and get a monthly salary with benefits for you and your family.

Cons

The leads don't transcend into dollars for the agents, only dollars for the company. The customer rebate is greater than what the real estate agent is paid for their bonus based solely on a client survey and sales prices of a home. The monthly salary for agents is minuscule and Redfin agents are definitely not the best paid agents in the industry. Redfin advertises their agents as having a team but the team is only looking out for themselves. Blocking out your schedule so you are never available to work/tour clients is not the team approach, in my opinion. In my experience as a Redfin agent, your team stabs you in the back whenever they have an opportunity.

Hire management with more experience and stop hiring inexperienced agent.

Happy with Redfin

Current Employee - Associate Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Redfin full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Redfin since March of 2013. From the start I have had a great deal of support from my Team Lead and Regional Manager. There is an open door policy where they are open to getting your input on pretty much everything that affects the employees. I am on a career track with the company and am being groomed to move up the ranks and am very excited about it. Everyone has great energy and we have a lot of fun while getting our jobs done. I am having a very positive experience and honestly have no complaints. I am very happy that I found Redfin I see myself with this company for years to come (and that's a first for me).

Cons

I don't see any cons at this time. I have enjoyed my time with the Company and am excited about what the future holds for me here.

There are newer employer reviews for Redfin

Worked for Redfin? Contribute to the Community!