There are newer employer reviews for Redwood Electric Group

Unlike the rest

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Redwood Electric Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Team effort ALL of the time. Every company has issues, but it is how they are dealt with that makes the difference. Pull together instead of push apart. Access to all senior management is open door.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to find a parking place as the company is growing and expanding at a brisk pace.

Keep the ship on course.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Redwood Electric Group (View Most Recent)

Unnecessarily Stressful

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Concord, CA

I worked at Redwood Electric Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

REG seems to be bidding on and landing projects that are of a diverse nature. Working for REG may enable a journeyman to work on something different or new to the individual.

Cons

The supervision in place where I worked was extremely inadequate. Foreman shortcuts and mistakes were constant and the blame was often deflected to the subordinates. The three foreman on my project were all intimidated by the General Foreman and were scared to ask for tools/materials. This intimidation was experienced by me and other journey levle workers on the job. The "rule by fear" mentality appeared to me to stem from a lack of a cooperative attitude and a lack of trust for the workers.

One foreman on this project routinely misdirected people. He had somebody run conduit high in the space without looking at the dawings to see whether it would be accessible. It wasn't. There is a lack of skill in the superivsory roles of your organization. People skills, managerial skills and electrical skills are all shortcomings I experienced from middle/lower management while working for REG.

good electrical company to work for

Current Employee - Foreman in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Foreman in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Redwood Electric Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

treat their employees fairly. Lots of work throughout the north california region. competitive pay.

Cons

Sometimes the tools needed for the job are hard to get. Cordless tools are very helpful but not always allowed to order for projects

some new tools save money

There are newer employer reviews for Redwood Electric Group