Unlike the rest

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Redwood Electric Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team effort ALL of the time. Every company has issues, but it is how they are dealt with that makes the difference. Pull together instead of push apart. Access to all senior management is open door.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to find a parking place as the company is growing and expanding at a brisk pace.

Advice to Management

Keep the ship on course.

Other Employee Reviews for Redwood Electric Group

1. I both loved and hated working for Redwood Electric Group.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Clear cut list of responsibilities If you need help, they'll get you help My boss was not a micro manager which allowed me to pride myself in my work and take ownership of my duties It's a hustle and bustle environment which makes for a great place to feel as though things are happening around you It's a fun work environment depending on the group you land in, which can make for easier Monday mornings They allow for flexible schedules if you should have LIFE show up Yearly raises and bonuses which really helps to make you feel like you are appreciated by your Manager Because of the structure of "groups" you may land in a great one with a great leader. They have awesome coffee... I'm almost tempted to say that it's not JUST coffee. Favorite office coffee by far, really gets you going in the mornings

Cons

Poor Conflict/Resolution Management No true HR department so your issues go ignored or gossiped about by upper management and down to whomever they sit with at lunch or have personal relationships with Alliances have been built according to who is having an affair with whom, which can truly hinder new people that aren't involved personally or romantically from growing within the company Many of the new faces are of the upper managements family members/children and regardless of their poor behavior or skill level, they will be given first priority. You will need to work harder to be noticed

Advice to Management

Regardless of whom is related to whom, or who has shown up to your family BBQ's, maybe try treating everyone fairly and without discrimination and instead promote and support your employees according to their skill level, their own efforts and their strengths. Invest in a professional and confidentially withheld Human Resource Department that can handle issues correctly and legally You have a great company flourishing, don't lose yourselves because you can't differentiate between friend and employee, appropriate and inappropriate.

Unnecessarily Stressful

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Concord, CA

I worked at Redwood Electric Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

REG seems to be bidding on and landing projects that are of a diverse nature. Working for REG may enable a journeyman to work on something different or new to the individual.

Cons

The supervision in place where I worked was extremely inadequate. Foreman shortcuts and mistakes were constant and the blame was often deflected to the subordinates. The three foreman on my project were all intimidated by the General Foreman and were scared to ask for tools/materials. This intimidation was experienced by me and other journey levle workers on the job. The "rule by fear" mentality appeared to me to stem from a lack of a cooperative attitude and a lack of trust for the workers.

Advice to Management

One foreman on this project routinely misdirected people. He had somebody run conduit high in the space without looking at the dawings to see whether it would be accessible. It wasn't. There is a lack of skill in the superivsory roles of your organization. People skills, managerial skills and electrical skills are all shortcomings I experienced from middle/lower management while working for REG.