Reed Construction Data

www.reedconstructiondata.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Reed Construction Data

Good company, great benefits.

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has good benefits since they are part of Reed Elsevier. As an IT staff member I had a good work environment.

Cons

Work as part of a global team. This isn't bad, but it means you have to communicate UK based mentality to the US business who doesn't think the same way.

Advice to Management

Really need to make sure key members of teams are being taken care of appropriately.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Full-time for 10 years in research/reporting.. so many changes since my start & lots of changes in upper mgmt.

Former Employee - Private Researcher
    Former Employee - Private Researcher

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay & benefits were good. PTO was great if scheduled.. hopfully u don't have a sick kid or could get wrote up if call in more than 3 times in a calendar year. Honestly not sure why I stayed so long.. so much happier now.
    Did make some great contacts with the customers.. some contractors really did enjoy this service but there are many out there that do not and have no problem telling u that.

Cons

Extremely high workload and goals. Lots of cold calling and phone work... minimum # of calls that need to made per day and its tracked! Feels more like a sales/telemarketing position. The tution reimbursement changed and was not able to get any of my classes reimbursed. Management is not very helpful all they would say is to make more phone calls, really!?! It didn't matter I was never doing enough.. wouldn't take lunch and worked late... still wasn't able to meet their goals in the end... eventhough in the past I had received several awards including Reporter of the Year. So many changes in upper management I couldn't keep track. Sent some work overseas mostly data entry but they would call your contacts.. they would get so mad when someone else would call that couldn't speak english... not cool! Very, very little room to move up in this department.

Advice to Management

Consider more closely the workload you are asking your employees and allow time for them to reach these goals. Focus on a more team approach everyone is out for themselves struggling and taking eachothers customers & projects trying to make these goals.

Toxic work environment

Former Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid Time Off Policy is good but you will need it with the way you are treated and the amount of unnecessary stress that you will be under.

Cons

Everything else.. Unobtainable goals which impacts if you get a raise or not, constantly being setup for failure. Always changing things up but never following through with the first change before making new ones. All of the good people who worked for Reed in the past are all jumping ship to new and better things. Human Resources department is the absolute worst. I am Caucasian and can tell you that minorities are not treated well. Minorities are placed in entry level positions and never given promotions. As a former loyal employee I highly advise against pursuing a job at this company. This company isn't going to make it, there are just too many issues facing this company that works against it's success. The parent company is going to sell off this "asset" soon imo. RCD does not have a CEO or CCO and the positions have been open for a year.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, the environment is beyond toxic and suffocating.