Reed Elsevier Group

www.reedelsevier.com

Stable, large company regarded well for its content and expertise in healthcare informatics.

Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsReliable, stable. Better than average benefits (health, etc.). Some opportunities for advancement. Professional, positive overall culture. Welcoming of thinkers, planners and problem-solvers.

ConsRather bureaucratic and prone to red tape. Too focused on communication via e-mail and meetings, less on actual actions and executions. Executive management very disconnected from business units under them, and more administrative and operational than able to harness strengths and able to get better depth for better results.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out advice from middle management and actual employees that do actual work. Clear red tape. Do away with 'design by committee' mentality. Implement small, focused teams with power (funds, resources) to innovate and build on ideas.

Good people with good opportunities for growth

Program Manager (Current Employee) Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good people with good opportunities for growth Cons: Not interested in products we produce Advice to Senior Management: use more incentive based pay at lower levels Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice place to work, can be challenging for an American to get ahead

Technology (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: Great work life balance, they understand that employees have lives and the goal is to do your job not just show up in… Cons: Elsevier can be very euro-centric in how people are promoted and treated. When I was there it was much more common for Europeans to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!