Reed Elsevier Group
www.reedelsevier.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

A great company in desperate need of a vision

Department Head (Current Employee)
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInternational, highly educated work force
Flexible working hours, parent-friendly
Opportunity to serve high-calibre science

ConsCEO is invisible, a bean-counter with no apparent vision for the future. Poor strategy and execution of off shoring and outsourcing leads to loss of talent, poorer customer service and inefficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and notice the sea change that has happened in the academic community and our new technology-driven competitors. Cost control and relying on traditional products is not enough to sustain our privileged profit share. A new vision is needed to inspire customers, employees and shareholders. Try not to waste the opportunity of the Mendeley merger.

Neutral - Daily Routine Job

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Voluntarily attend more training sessions for your personal development. Transportation facilities. Cons: Missing domain expert leadership of missing management group. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

okey

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: ownership, freedom to work compared to other competition companies,work life… Cons: Low salaries, mangers are not transparent Advice to Senior Management: Please look beyond psycophants Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reed Elsevier Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reed Elsevier Group CEO Erik Engstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Reed Elsevier Group employees.