Reed Elsevier Group
www.reedelsevier.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Incredibly challenging but not without its rewards

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people.
Most of the people I dealt with whether they be part of the shared services group, business controllers and finance teams of both the US and UK business divisions or even the AsiaPac team..all of them are incredibly knowledgeable and open to collaboration.

ConsUnfortunately in 2013 there has been significant RIF(s) in the US in the operational and SS areas (not sure about what is going on in the UK) A good chunk of that talent has been taken away; the people that are left are being stretched to increase output without additional resources or improved infrastructure. Communication between senior management and the its' reporting teams is not always optimal.

Ok place to work

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Not a bad place to work and benefits are good. Cons: not many and overall good place to work No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very large company and culture mindset

Director (Former Employee)
Norwalk, CT

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very, very large company stability. The company has clear policies on HR, growth,… Cons: For me, the big company culture was hard. Things do not happen… Advice to Senior Management: A little more transparency in the management thought process would… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reed Elsevier Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reed Elsevier Group CEO Erik Engstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Reed Elsevier Group employees.