Reed Elsevier Group

www.reedelsevier.com
There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group

Career development is very unclear from management.

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Health benefits is great. I love the flexible work hours.

Cons

People are tired and their future is unclear. It is just a job.

Listen to your people and think long term.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Reed Elsevier Group (View Most Recent)

Opportunity, reward and job satisfaction: Reed Elsevier offers it all

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Excellent benefits and opportunities for professional development and career progression. There are always jobs advertised internally that offer progression or sideways moves. The benefits are significantly better than other companies I've worked for.

Cons

Communication is hit and miss. Because the company is so huge, achieving consistent and regular communication with employees is difficult. As a result, not everyone identifies with the company's vision and objectives as much as they could. Collaboration across departmetns within a business unit is difficult; collaboration across business units is almost unheard of.

Trust your employees and give them permission to use their judgement, even if it means they bend the rules. Staff need to know that not only is it OK but it's actually impertaive that we try new ways of doing things. Embracing change is not easy for many people. Management can lay the groundwork in such a way that actively welcoming or even initiating change is the status quo, by making sure that people know that risk taking is allowed.

Comment transformer un géant en acteur du numérique flexible et international. How to transform a giant into a global but nimble digital player

Former Employee - Directeur de la finance in Paris (France)
    Former Employee - Directeur de la finance in Paris (France)

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group full-time (more than 5 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

J'ai apprécié mon travail, mes formidables collègues et amis, le patron, plus que dans toute autre société. Gros avantages, les initiatives sont soutenues par la société. Le seul endroit où nous avions un chef du personnel pour nous pour les repas quotidi

Enjoyed my job, my wonderful colleagues and friends and boss more than any other company. Great benefits and company supported initiatives. The only place where we had our own personal chef on staff for daily lunches.

Cons

La surface de bureau est limitée et étroite avec une très mauvaise climatisation, durant les grosses chaleurs de l'été (entre 30°c et 35°c), cela rend le travail difficile. J'étais très haut dans l'organisation, mais aucune proposition d'avancement ne m'a été faite, de sorte que c'était comme atteindre le sommet sans avoir aucune perspective de carrières et opportunités. Toutes les décisions prennent trop de temps. Il devait y avoir une accélération pour certaines idées, tandis que d'autres devaient être examinées avec plus de prudence.

Office space was limited and cramped with very bad air conditioning in the hot 30C - 35C heat of summer which made work difficult. I was very high up in the organisation but still not opportunity to advance was offered or given so it looked like a reached a peak for which no amount of accomplishment would offer me further job growth and opportunities. All decisions took way too long. There needed to be a Fast Track for some ideas while others needed to be more cautiously reviewed.

Assurez-vous que tous les employés ont une carrière toute tracée qui leur est offerte. S'ils atteignent leurs objectifs, alors c'est un feu-vert pour une promotion ou pour se voir attribuer des responsabilités supplémentaires différentes. Des membres clé

Ensure that every employee has a career path set and offered to them. If they reach their bench marks then that should be a green light to be moved up or given added or different responsibilities. Reviews and career path was something I always included in my PDP's with key staff but it was a personal choice I made not a company wide initiative.

There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group