Reed Elsevier Group

www.reedelsevier.com

Low pay, and mind-numbing work, but you can take lots of days off...

Journals, Editorial Production (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe company is based in Europe, so the attitude throughout the U.S. offices seems to be a tad more "Euro" also. Great vacation time, sick time, AND personal days. Managers are known for being fairly chill and understanding. There is also the opportunity to travel if you have been at the company long enough, and if you are lucky, basically.

ConsLOW pay and VERY limited opportunity for advancement, even though management (via corporate)tries to act like there is, by requiring you to fill out a "personal development plan" that is basically BS. It is a genius idea to keep us motivated, but it becomes a big joke to anyone who had been there longer than a year. My branch was also littered with people who were probably considered "unemployable" for the most part, and were just happy to have a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more candid about our significance in the company. We know there is little to no chance for promotion. We know our job is easily replaced by outsourcing (or more sophisticated softwware). Don't kiss our ass and give us a condescending pat on the head (or a measly $5 starbux card) when we do something right. Anyone who has a half a brain can see through it and it's demoralizing.

Unsure about future

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: Good location, decent facility. Employees generally able to balance… Cons: Limited career path. Outsourcing / offshoring will probably continue.… Advice to Senior Management: Even a reasonably intelligent person can detect BS so don't… More

Elsevier needs to think before it acts, look at all the other companies failing due to short term financial focus

Concerned Employee (Current Employee) Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: People, Technology A sense of ownership in the process. Cons: Its diffiuclt to advance your career, no clear cut objectives… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue. Think about what it is you just forced the organization to do and rethink your intentions. Short term gain focus… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!