Reed Elsevier Group

www.reedelsevier.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group

Low pay, and mind-numbing work, but you can take lots of days off...

Former Employee - Journals, Editorial Production in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Journals, Editorial Production in San Diego, CA

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

The company is based in Europe, so the attitude throughout the U.S. offices seems to be a tad more "Euro" also. Great vacation time, sick time, AND personal days. Managers are known for being fairly chill and understanding. There is also the opportunity to travel if you have been at the company long enough, and if you are lucky, basically.

Cons

LOW pay and VERY limited opportunity for advancement, even though management (via corporate)tries to act like there is, by requiring you to fill out a "personal development plan" that is basically BS. It is a genius idea to keep us motivated, but it becomes a big joke to anyone who had been there longer than a year. My branch was also littered with people who were probably considered "unemployable" for the most part, and were just happy to have a job.

Be a bit more candid about our significance in the company. We know there is little to no chance for promotion. We know our job is easily replaced by outsourcing (or more sophisticated softwware). Don't kiss our ass and give us a condescending pat on the head (or a measly $5 starbux card) when we do something right. Anyone who has a half a brain can see through it and it's demoralizing.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Reed Elsevier Group (View Most Recent)

Good corporate mission, poor management

Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

The best reason to work at Reed elsevier is that the overall mission to help improve the delivery of health information and to better patient outcomes is compelling

Cons

Very poor senior management and pay is on the lower side of the scale!!

Senior management needs to value its employees

Unsure about future

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Good location, decent facility. Employees generally able to balance work & home life.

Cons

Limited career path. Outsourcing / offshoring will probably continue. Other IT career opportunities in Dayton are limited.

Even a reasonably intelligent person can detect BS so don't give it to us.

There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group