Reed Smith

I worked at Reed Smith

Pros

Many competent and friendly people, from senior partners to staff. Large clients and complex matters. Good pay and benefits package.

Cons

Frugality is paramount. Little consideration given to office morale. Old-school firm culture where work is given to the well liked chosen associates and the rest must fend for themselves.

Take the input of employees into consideration and redefine the firm as a progressive firm rather than just a large firm.

Other Reviews for Reed Smith

Great place to work

Former Employee - Associate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Reed Smith

Pros

Great place to work. The pay is very competitive and the culture has lots of autonomy. It is a very paced environment but I find that very challenging. Firm is experiencing rapid growth that is very exciting as well. Lots of fun firm team building events.

Cons

Long hours for associates, but better than many other law firms. Place more emphasis on support functions (Accounting, IT, HR) and the value that they add to the organization.

Better communication.

Best Job in my Career So Far

Current Employee - Associate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Associate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Reed Smith full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here are the people. My group in particular is amazing, with one of the leading practitioners in the region. I get challenging high profile work, am treated like an adult (no face time), and have very reasonable hours. A well-rounded life, especially where family is prioritized, is encouraged.

Cons

Experiences vary group to group and office to office. One person's experience can differ dramatically from another in this mega-firm, whose global goal is to become one of the biggest in the world. There are regular mergers and acquisitions of new firms and the firm acquires more lawyers than it can keep track of.

There must be more efforts to get to know the new lawyers and the new markets the new offices are in. Each market varies, and many of the global policies, particularly business conflicts, do not make sense and will be the downfall of the firm.

There are newer employer reviews for Reed Smith.

Worked for Reed Smith? Contribute to the Community!