There are newer employer reviews for Reed UK

Overall efficient and friendly management of freelancers

Former Employee - Data Cleanse in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Data Cleanse in London, England (UK)

I worked at Reed UK as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They were very friendly and always made sure to remind me to submit my time sheets so that I was always paid on time, even during holiday periods. They were always available to answer questions, and always friendly. They made sure I was aware of all the benefits I was entitled to, even as a freelancer (holiday pay, tax benefits, etc).

Cons

They took a strangely long time to follow up my references and its sounded like they got someone very inexperienced to do it. They also sometimes forgot when I advised them in advance that I would be away (this was in part because they were so keen to make sure I submitted time sheets and got paid---if I didn't submit one, they got worried even if I told them I wouldn't be working!).

6 Other Employee Reviews for Reed UK (View Most Recent)

Good training and great place to start out a career in recruitment

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Reed UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great 3 year training programme | Decent commission structure | opportunity for promotion | Career break after long service

Cons

Obsessed with KPI's | lots of inter-office arguments over territory | Long hours needed to be successful

A great place to work if you were prepared to work hard

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Reed UK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good clients, lots of opportunites if you wanted to put in the effort. A place where hard work reaps rewards

Cons

Middle management were sometimes poor at spotting problems with their junior managers. Performance would not always be well managed

Make senior management more accountable for the performance of their middle managers to stop losing good people

There are newer employer reviews for Reed UK