Regal Beloit

www.regal-beloit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regal Beloit

Some really good, some OK.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Regal Beloit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really nice opportunities to "own your business" and differentiate yourself from others at Regal.

Cons

The salaries are exceedingly depressed. I started my professional career at Regal and when I first left, I would have rated the company a 4-star. 6-9 months later, when I became aware of market-level salaries, I learned how low the salaries were and actually became quite offended.

58 Other Employee Reviews for Regal Beloit (View Most Recent)

Revolving Door

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Regal Beloit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with more work than people = job security

Cons

No wok/life balance. Little opportunity for promotions

Start analyzing why turnover is so high

Good Engineering Division but Woefully Incompetent Administration

Former Employee - Senior Quality/Engineering Technician in Black River Falls, WI

I worked at Regal Beloit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company has no shortage of bright people working in it's engineering departments and quality departments. They really do want to design the best product out there, and strive to do. For the most part, they remain cheerful and upbeat in the face of even the greatest of challenges. Benefits were great.

Cons

Administration is a disaster. From middle management on up. In the plant I worked in, it was far more important that you hung out with the plant manager than be competent at your job. This was obvious by who was placed in charge of individual departments, many times it was people that were absolutely atrocious at managing work resources. People that were great leaders (as shown by noticeable increase in performance) were removed in favor of people that were friendly with the plant manager. What's worse, is that failure seemed to be rewarded, while achievement was seen as an attempt to upstage management.

Pay is below average in this field, and there isn't much chance of getting a raise. Because of the poor leadership problems, there are a lot of weekend work to do, because the people running the manufacturing departments are unfit to do so, and as a result will put friends in choice positions, rather than people who have the skills to do it.

The Lean Six Sigma group really has no idea what they are doing. I've been to two other companies that observe LSS and 5S practices, and nothing was as ridiculous as what these people call Six Sigma.

Stop putting people in leadership positions because you like them. Clean out the chaff, and get people in there that can actually manage people, who command respect, rather than people worried about whether or not their employees like them or not. Start rewarding achievement. Stop jumping on to every manufacturing fad that comes across.

There are newer employer reviews for Regal Beloit