Regal Entertainment

www.regmovies.com
  www.regmovies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regal Entertainment

Basic job while still in school with some decent benefits

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Irvine, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free movies for you +1 when you're not working.
Free popcorn.
Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Downtime resulting in shorter shifts.
Have to be constantly working/finding something to do even during the slowest times of the day.
Not many company events to reward employees

427 Other Employee Reviews for Regal Entertainment (View Most Recent)

No room for growth

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Regal Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you gain genuine satisfaction in ensuring top quality customer service, then you, independently of course, have the ability to pursue that.

Cons

The workers are not valued. Senior level management (Regional Manager and above) does not value insights provided by lower level workers. HR is wholly unhelpful. The company does not value long time employees. Terrible wages.

Nope.

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free movies. That's seriously all I can think of. And some of my co-workers were pretty cool.

Cons

I guess this review might be a little unfair since I only worked at one location and quit after three months, but my manager was really stupid (called down to concession to ask me how to spell "sir" - I almost puked, she was making like sixty grand) and unfair (changed my clock-in/clock-out time on my break to reduce payroll, etc - which was completely brushed under the rug). Also, how do you not allow your concession-stand employees free soda and popcorn? Also, the inventory is taken by the cups and bags, so if a bag goes missing (which is pretty frequent/a simple mistake), you're punished for the loss of the $6 retail price rather than the $0.03 price of the bag itself. It's a dumb way to take metrics. The club card sales are sleazy and gross. You will break out from popcorn grease, and your clothes will stink of it, always. I really didn't like it. I guess that's it. Oh - and I've heard that they're cutting hours in response to the Obamacare thing, which is crappy, but I was completely unsurprised. They don't treat their employees like an asset.

Start treating the people who are the face of the company with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Regal Entertainment