There are newer employer reviews for Regal Entertainment

Whether you love or hate it depends on where you work.

Former Contractor - Box Office Cashier in Houston, TX
Former Contractor - Box Office Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Regal Entertainment as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Flex hours, managers are young and can relate to employees, free movies for yourself and friends. You even get free popcorn and drinks for yourself!

Cons

low pay, if the managers don't like you, you're screwed. Managers all have favorites, and are very obvious about who they are.

reviews filtered by

Ehhhh it's alright...

Current Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Buford, GA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people that I get scheduled with are amazing! We joke around and manage to still get work done! Even when we're scheduled with a lazy manager we're able to keep things functioning well! I've made some long lasting friendships with a small group of people there. And of course free tickets.

Cons

I'm not sure if all of my cons will fit on here. First off management hires a bunch of lazy high schoolers. I've worked for this company for four years and I still bust my butt! Nothing sets me off more than to see some know it all noob standing around doing nothing and getting praised for it!

Corporate: I was gonna save it for last, but if I were writing this like a news story it would have to be at the very top because it is the most important. They clearly don't care about anyone. They don't care about our customers. Our checker score (kind of like secret shopper) has the most points in concessions for upselling. They only deduct one point if the bathrooms are messy and if the concessions area is messy. So basically every area could be trashed and they wouldn't even care. As a matter of fact they don't. One time we got deducted points for having dirty restrooms and no one from corporate called. Our last score someone got deducted points for not up selling or suggestive selling and our general manager got an ear full.

They only care about saving their rear ends. Here is one prime example: our outside food and drink policy is as follows... No person is allowed to bring in any outside food or drink unless they have some kind of medical condition. Perfectly understandable right? Now let's say a customer complains and they ask why? We as the employees are not supposed to say that it's a corporate policy even though it is. We're supposed to get a manager and the manager isn't allowed to say its a policy either, they're just supposed to let the angry person in with their overpriced coffee.

They recently did a redesign in our concession stand which was a complete waste of money. It just looks nicer. We have less room in the concession stand than we did before and to make matters worse we have an empty hall way that gets utilized for nothing! What they should have done was knocked out one of the walls and pushed everything back, and when our district manager and our gm met all the employees let the dm know, but of course he thinks we're all just a bunch of imbeciles so he wasted a ton of money.

We got a new system for our registers. Instead of giving employees a step by step training program on how to use it, they left management in charge of training us. We literally were just thrown on registers and they corporate was basically like her just figure it out.

The new system is awful. It makes things so inefficient. Between the redesign in concessions and the new system employees are really slowed down.

Management: it really goes 50 50 with them. Our first assistant does everything while the general manager sits on his donkey (yeah this website sensors) in the office barking demands all day. The gm is bffs with two of the laziest managers we have so whenever the three of them work together of course our poor first assistant or which ever manager isn't as lazy as those three is forced to be like a million places at once.

It's really unfair! Our scheduling manager or as we call her one of our gm's minions constantly threatens employees with retaliation. If you do something to set her off expect to get the shittiest schedule. The gm's other minion is just as bad. She loves to get an attitude with you when you interrupt her from painting her nails or watching netflix in the office. Whenever the two of them are working together you can expect snarky attitudes and delays.

If you need something immediately and you keep calling over the radio and neither one of them answer then you'll awake the beast! Whose the beast you ask? That's our wonderful gm! When his minions slack off and he has to pick up the slack, instead of yelling at his model managers he takes it out on the employee.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!!!!! The employees constantly voice problems that never get fixed. Also, y'all should let go of the dead weight. What I mean by that is employees and managers who sit around and do nothing all the time should be let go. Also ones that retaliate against employees should be let go as well.

2. Great Treatment

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice superiors
    Ability to move upward
    fun atmosphere
    free movie paraphanalia
    discounted movies

Cons

Weird hours
    low pay