Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
www.or.regence.com Portland, OR 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great company for a good cause but will leave you wanting.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsWonderful people to work with, both brilliant and personable. Everyday is an adventure with new challenges and lofty goals, so if you love strategic problem solving this i the place for you.

ConsThe job environment has been sinking a little as the pressure of the economy and as public perception continue to press upon the insurance industry as a whole.

Was a good company, now is an outsourcing company only interested in profits

Customer Service (Former Employee)

I worked at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Offices are fairly nice for a cube-y world. Bathrooms kept nice. Lunchroom ok. Co-workers nice but stressed while waiting for their layoff notice. I… Cons: Was there a long time, 20+ years. Saw merges, re-orgs, attempts to update systems. And then the move towards 'for profit'. After their request was… Advice to Senior Management: Not much you can say. They've made up their minds and have and are dumping good people with seniority and institutional knowledge leaving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Miscommunication is a standard practice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits and, depending on what department you're in, you can have good opportunities to grow… Cons: Management has radically changed in the last few years. The focus on production and the bottom-line is forcing mass lay-offs, budget cuts that hurt quality… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees and grasp realistic expectations No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon.

Worked for Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon CEO Mark B. Ganz. All reviews posted anonymously by Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon employees.