Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

www.regeneron.com
  www.regeneron.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

So far so good, enjoying working here but things could be better..

Current Employee - Research Associate II in Tarrytown, NY
Current Employee - Research Associate II in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Exciting place to work with the current pipeline. Growing very rapidly. Overall morale is high. Intelligent, hard working team players. Good work life balance, quarterly parties.

Cons

Compensation poor especially considering cost of living of the area. With all the rapid growth there is a lot of pressure with deadlines. Only been here a year or so and am a bit unclear for career advancement/growth.

Need to work on compensation since the sentiment is that people will start jumping ship to big pharma when they start hiring again.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

Regeneron

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Strong pipeline. Excellent technology. Smart people. Well funded.

Cons

Immature and heavy handed management. Unrealistic and unfair expectations in some departments. No positive employee support. Deficient and strongly negative communications. Exceptionally difficult to conduct business well. Low strategic horrizon with resect to people management.

Grow up. Take responsibility. Support your people. Help them grow instread of squeezing whatever you can get out of them.

Not as great as hyped

Current Employee - Research Associate IV in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Research Associate IV in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

People are generally good. Within my limited knowledge, I don't know of any back-stabbing per se.
    Pay is decent but could be better given the high living cost for the location. Benefits are good, but less than it initially looks as paid time off is combined with sick days. I rarely use sick days, but it would be nicer to know there is a bigger pool of them should I need them in an emergency.

I think the work environment may be better/more exciting in the research division, though they are also more vulnerable in the event of layoffs.

If you prefer a lack of structure/direction, this could be the place for you.

The company is rock solid stable - at least until 2012, when the big deal with Sanofi could end.

Cons

Communication is lacking. This is perhaps because the company has not adapted to its recent growth spurt and thinks it's still really small, that information will reach people by diffusion. It does, but this is very inefficient. Clear communication of goals would be nice.

Despite the talk and credos, innovation, at least in my area, is discouraged and things are done "as they have been done historically". I am still trying to figure out what these ways are, as they are not communicated.

Don't be surprised if you go between weeks of being insanely overworked to weeks of insane boredom. Workload is essentially unplanned and not managed.

The company probably will have layoffs when the current big deal with Sanofi ends. And at that point, there will be no shortage of vulnerable people because the solution to problems seems to be hire more people rather than organize, work smarter, or upgrade technology.

You've grown, and your organization should grow also, especially communication at the middle and lower functional levels that may be invisible to you. There are those that would love to give a lot more but are hindered by a lack of communication channels. Cater to would-be star performers, or you'll be just left with those that are there for the sake of economic stability.

There are newer employer reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals