There are newer employer reviews for Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Great way to see the world

Current Employee - Broadcast Manager
Current Employee - Broadcast Manager

I have been working at Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Pros

World Travel
Pay much higher than most other cruise lines
Good on the job training for all positions
Lots of fun, meet great people from all over the world

Cons

No retirement or medical benefits
long contract (6-8 months away from home)
Some upper management is difficult, but that's normal
You are on duty 7 days per week for 6-8 months at a time

Since the takeover by Prestige Cruise Holdings, I believe the management has gotten better. There is less favorabilty. Would liek to see more consistancy from ship to ship. Also some upgrades in technology should be the norm for a 6 star cruise line.

reviews filtered by
  1. Le luxe en exploration ! Je dois explorer davantage ! Luxury goes exploring! I need to explore more!

Former Employee - Responsable des relations avec la clientèle
    Former Employee - Responsable des relations avec la clientèle

I worked at Regent Seven Seas Cruises

(Translated from English)

Pros

Très bonne communication entre les départements, tous les employés sont très engagés et heureux de travailler ensemble. Gens très authentiques à bord. Conditions de travail et environnement, salaire, avantages sociaux, atmosphère sont là!

working conditions and environment, salary, benefits, atmosphere onboard!
    Very good communication between all departments, all employees very commited and happy to work together. Very genuine people onboard.

Cons

fonctions très occupées, manque de soutien de la part des collègues en particulier à terre.
    parfois trop de pression et pas assez d'outils pour corriger les problèmes.
    L'entreprise elle-même devrait faire un effort pour maintenir les normes, le service ne constitue pas tout. Ils devraient se rappeler que les clients paient beaucoup d'argent pour la croisière "de leur vie".

very busy duties, lack of assistance from colleagues especially from shoreside.
    sometimes too much pressure and not enough tools to fix the problems.
    The company itself would need to make an effort to keep the standards, service is not everything. They should remember that guests are paying a lot of money for their "one life time" cruise.

!

to be more supportive when necessary, more guidelines and advice, more commitment.

2. A six-stary luxury cruise lines who's ships goes around the world and I loved it!

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Regent Seven Seas Cruises full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working in a luxury cruise lines is a plus. You work at the same time travel for free! I've been almost around the world working onboard for almost fifteen (15) years. And I think it's time for me now to work on land for good.

Cons

Working onboard have ups & downs of course! You travel a lot while doing your own work but sometimes you feel awful because of the weather and movement of the ship.

The management are the Best! We have a crew welfare that takes care of all the crew and think of the benefits of the crew.

There are newer employer reviews for Regent Seven Seas Cruises