There are newer employer reviews for Regent Seven Seas Cruises

A six-stary luxury cruise lines who's ships goes around the world and I loved it!

Former Employee - Night Auditor  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Night Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Regent Seven Seas Cruises full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working in a luxury cruise lines is a plus. You work at the same time travel for free! I've been almost around the world working onboard for almost fifteen (15) years. And I think it's time for me now to work on land for good.

Cons

Working onboard have ups & downs of course! You travel a lot while doing your own work but sometimes you feel awful because of the weather and movement of the ship.

The management are the Best! We have a crew welfare that takes care of all the crew and think of the benefits of the crew.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Regent Seven Seas Cruises (View Most Recent)

Hard work, lots of hours in exchange for seeing the world

Current Employee - Assistant Cruise Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Cruise Director

I have been working at Regent Seven Seas Cruises full-time

Pros

great ports of call and interesting guests

Cons

90 hour work weeks, very little support

Hire Cruise Directors who manage in an inspirational way who support

Management is terrible.

I worked at Regent Seven Seas Cruises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good itineraries, workload for my position and salary were good compared to other cruise lines.

Cons

Managers onboard and in the head office were terrible. I was required to work after being quarantined with an illness and then made to sterilize the area afterwords. This happened more than once. I was also required to do work for the Cruise Directors personal website. Company policy of giving a mid contract review were never followed in my case by my boss. Then on my end of contract review I was critiqued on things that had never been previously brought up as problematic. My boss was a fanatical micro manger, insisting on injecting himself into every aspect of my work although he had no background or expertise in the area. I personally witnessed employees being fired for minor infractions mere days before the end of their contracts thus requiring them to pay their own transportation costs home. Reported abuse is ignored by head office. Incompetence is acceptable as long as you are liked by the right people while hard work and dedication goes unnoticed and unrewarded if you don't suck up to your boss.

There are newer employer reviews for Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Worked for Regent Seven Seas Cruises? Contribute to the Community!