Regional Economic Models

Positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

I have been working at Regional Economic Models

Pros

Coworkers, interesting work and cliients

Cons

Too much to do, high pressure, multi-tasking

17 Other Employee Reviews for Regional Economic Models (View Most Recent)

Economic Associate

Former Employee - Economic Associate in Amherst, MA
    Former Employee - Economic Associate in Amherst, MA

I worked at Regional Economic Models

Pros

Meaningful work, Great Colleagues, Good Pay, Your intelligence matters.

Cons

Lots of work at times and always busy.

Make sure you hire employees that can handle the work.

Excellent company to work for if you are willing to challenge yourself and learn.

Former Employee - Senior Economic Associate in Amherst, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Economic Associate in Amherst, MA

I worked at Regional Economic Models full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful senior management (CEO, Senior and Junior Vice Presidents); client management and relationship building skills you will learn nowhere else; analytical skills you will learn; world knowledge of structural economies across North America and Europe; excellent pay if you put time and effort in; top fringe benefits; very respectable firm in this niche; clear career path in terms of job functions, titles, and pay.

Highly recommended to those who are willing to put the effort in (lazy people and gossip queens need not apply, it brings everyone else down and you end up writing a bad review of the company :p ). I should note along these lines that the hours and effort are average for this job across any other job. If you want to go the extra mile, try learning the model and the model equations AFTER work so that you can excel in your daily work and ultimately become more successful.

Cons

Some employees get jealous of others due to advancement or for other reasons. Some new economists/associates think that they can operate a research firm better than the very experienced management which is not the case.

If you are positive, hard working, and trust your supervisors and management, you will do very well. Just as with any company, not every is willing to do this for some reason. With a small company, these people stick out among management as well as their peers and it usually doesn't work out for them.

It's probably hard for some people to understand, but this is a small private and for profit business. If people are not doing their jobs and who are not looking for productive things to do when their immediate tasks are complete, the rest of the company and it's employees suffer.

OVERALL: be positive, work hard, trust management, don't gossip about management or peers, and this will be the best experience you could ask for (just as with college, I wish I could go back in time!). Just as with anything, it is what you make of it.

Continue giving your employees great opportunities for career growth, success, ability to make it their own, and trust (for those who have earned it of course).

Continue working closely with employees through training and on individual projects/relationships . You know more about how to close new business than anyone else, doesn't matter if employees want to close it on their own (unless they have gained experience in doing so which I know you can see and extend that trust under the circumstances).

Keep doing great, the company had grown every year I had been with the company, I don't doubt that you will keep it moving up!

DON'T MIND THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON THIS PAGE, YOU AND I PRETTY MUCH HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF WHO THEY ARE ;)

Also wanted to say thanks for the great opportunity you had given me and it was great working with you all those years. My career at REMI trained me and launched me into a lucrative career in another industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Regional Economic Models