Administrative Coordinator

Current Employee - Coordinator in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regional One Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very diverse work environment- great advancement opportunities.

Cons

A lot of workplace politics.

Other Employee Reviews for Regional One Health

1. Lukewarm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great employees Opportunity to assist indigent patients

Cons

Politics Politics Politics Politics played a big role in the hospital before this current administration. Not sure if that is still the case.

2. Nurse Practitioner Trauma, U.T. Regional One Physicians, mid-level provider

Current Employee - Trauma Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist With the Trauma Surgery Team in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regional One Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, salary, Work with ~13 trauma physicians & 12 other NP's. covering Trauma ED, Trauma Step-Down/ICU, Post-trauma floors and a Trauma NP clinic. We take care of really sick people and always have back-up. There is a Staff Trauma MD in hospital 24/7/365. ROH has 4 Centers of Excellence: Level-1 Trauma Center & Level-1 Burn Center, Neonatal ICU, High-risk Obstetrics which see patients from all surrounding states. We are a teaching facility connected to University of Tennessee-Memphis; so we work with student nurses, medical students, interns and Residents. Regional One Health is a place where you practice your profession, not just take a job. We give high quality care. That is our expectation of all our employees in every profession.

Cons

I have worked at Regional One Health for 30 years as a critical care Trauma RN, Patient Care Coordinator and Preceptor for 14 years, then as a trauma hospitalist NP for the last 16 years. I obviously like the place. Trauma NP's work 12 hour shifts, 3 shifts per week for 3 weeks and 4 shifts per week for the 4th week. We cover weekends and holidays. Day NP's work days, night NP's work nights. We are expected to work 2 days of the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year group of holidays. We only are expected to work one of the Summer holidays - Memorial day, July 4th or Labor day; but we are expected to work a 3 day stretch over that holiday, so our colleagues can make out of town plans when they are off. We are allowed to make private plans with each other as long as coverage is unbroken.