Regions Financial

www.regions.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

The definition of micromanagement.

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The salary and benefits are decent. Training is top-notch. Company vision above the area level is very positive. It is a good way to get into the banking industry.

Cons

This company really is the definition of micromanagement. I often find myself writing reports about reports that were about reports. If you miss a goal (many of the goals are unattainable) you will hear about it from your assistant manager, manager, market manager, district manager etc.. along with countless conference calls and reports(all this wasted time will cause you to miss more goals and continue the vicious cycle). There is also too much job overlap - branch level is currently only focusing on cold calling(we have a telebanking department) and door to door sales, which is counter-productive in today's day and age. This makes it difficult to hit our goals which are based on consumer banking. Also, the goals are always increasing, while they lower the points we get per product. It really just seems like the company is trying to get out of paying bonuses, which doesn't help morale much. Also, make sure you apply to a busy branch - they don't scale goals by branch, so if you're at a slow branch you will never hit your goals. The yearly raises are also an insult - I got the highest rating possible only to get a raise that worked out to be $13 a month.

Ensure that your company vision is being maintained in each market. Listen to your employees in high turnover areas - banking customers do not like turnover, so you're really hurting yourself with this one. Move into the 21st century - cold calling and door to door sales are dead. This will only damage your integrity and lower employee morale.

467 Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial (View Most Recent)

I've enjoyed my time at Regions.

Current Employee - Teller in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Teller in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy-going culture, quality training, good communication with HR and management. I really enjoy the branch I work with.

Cons

Later hours, not much room for growth. I would love to step up to another position, but there are limitations on being able to do that in your first year. A step behind with technology. Just now using the latest systems in banking.

No employee engagement, or customer focus. Negative culture does not respect human dignity and focuses only on sales.

Current Employee - Teller in Venice, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Venice, FL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Regions employment allows relatively secure, family friendly hours; health insurance; 401(k) matching (3%); and opportunity for financial bonus for making sales goals.

Cons

Complete disregard for employees by upper management. Daily conference calls where poor performers are berated. Extreme micromanagement.

Treat people with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial