Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

The definition of micromanagement.

Financial Services Specialist II (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsThe salary and benefits are decent. Training is top-notch. Company vision above the area level is very positive. It is a good way to get into the banking industry.

ConsThis company really is the definition of micromanagement. I often find myself writing reports about reports that were about reports. If you miss a goal (many of the goals are unattainable) you will hear about it from your assistant manager, manager, market manager, district manager etc.. along with countless conference calls and reports(all this wasted time will cause you to miss more goals and continue the vicious cycle). There is also too much job overlap - branch level is currently only focusing on cold calling(we have a telebanking department) and door to door sales, which is counter-productive in today's day and age. This makes it difficult to hit our goals which are based on consumer banking. Also, the goals are always increasing, while they lower the points we get per product. It really just seems like the company is trying to get out of paying bonuses, which doesn't help morale much. Also, make sure you apply to a busy branch - they don't scale goals by branch, so if you're at a slow branch you will never hit your goals. The yearly raises are also an insult - I got the highest rating possible only to get a raise that worked out to be $13 a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that your company vision is being maintained in each market. Listen to your employees in high turnover areas - banking customers do not like turnover, so you're really hurting yourself with this one. Move into the 21st century - cold calling and door to door sales are dead. This will only damage your integrity and lower employee morale.

Contact Center Agent

Contatc Center Agent (Current Employee)
Cordova, TN

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexiblity in schedule, many incentives for sales goals, friendly environment Cons: Can be stressful due to hybrid job duties of taking a inbound… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I've enjoyed my time at Regions.

Teller (Current Employee)
Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros: Easy-going culture, quality training, good communication with HR and management.… Cons: Later hours, not much room for growth. I would love to step up to another position, but there are limitations on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Regions Financial.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.