Regions Financial

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Great hours with hometown banking feel. Great education from managers and sale officers

Cons

Not a big presence in Atlanta.

472 Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial (View Most Recent)

Great employees at branch level - disconnect with upper mgmt however

Former Employee - Teller in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Teller in Memphis, TN

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The training is top notch and very helpful. My fellow coworkers at the branch level were superb as well. One of the best teams I have every worked on. We all genuninely cared for one another and picked up each others slack with no questions asked. My manager genuinely wanted me to be as succesful as possible and helped me to try and achieve my goals.

Cons

Upper management is disconnected from its workers at the branch level. All they care about is sales goals and customer service scores. Customer service scores are very skewed. You only get 10 surveys per branch a month that are weighted heavily. They are done by Gallup and consist of 5 or 6 questions based on a scale of 1(lowest) to 5(highest). If you get a 5 then it is comparable to getting a 100. If you get a 1-4 it is essentially a 0. Your branch's attitude and demeanor essentially is based off of your customer svc score. If you got a good score Upper mgmt says good job and you don't really hear from them for a month. If you received a poor score anything below an 80 essentially upper mgmt has your manager and possibly you on conference calls the entire month. Our regional manager "motivated" employees by constantly telling them how easily replaceable they were. I interviewed for a promotion ( sales oriented) after a year and a half and was told I did not have enough sales experience so was denied. I promptly interviewed at a main competitor and was offered a position. After being offered this position at a competitor upper management wanted me to interview with them again. I declined. And believe me.....this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Promote from within your company more often. Your training is top of the line at the branch level. Stop wasting time focusing too much time on the difference between a 5 and 4 in customer service. A 4 isn't the best but it is far from being awful. Treat your employees with respect and be grateful they are there. And stop wasting so much time on conference calls and morning meetings that accomplish nothing. 2 a week are sufficient.

Eh... Decent temp job

Current Employee - Teller in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Teller in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy customer service job with lots of counting

Cons

Management is ridiculous and sometimes just plain mean

Stop being so concerned with robotic scripts and appreciate hard workers

There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial