Regions Financial

www.regions.com
  www.regions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

Great company with great room for growth

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

excellent upper level management that extends throughout the company. room for ideas, growth, etc. Regions strongly favors loyalty and time spent within the company.

Cons

tends to pay less (compared to private sector, but that can be expected). too many restrictions and challenges for lower level employees

421 Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial (View Most Recent)

Not a place for innovative thinking at all.

Current Employee - Vice President in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people seem nice enough.

Cons

This company suffers from a severe case of inbreeding. If you're not from Alabama or have no ties to the University of Alabama, you're regarded as an oddity. Job advancement and security usually comes down to whether you own enough crimson and houndstooth in your wardrobe. Birmingham is a hell hole for the most part. Schools are mostly awful, except in the affluent areas where they are merely mediocre. Corrupt city government, a broke county, lots of empty buildings downtown, and one of the highest murder rates in the country. This is not a good place to work and Birmingham is not a good place to live.

Quit trying to make a profit by cutting costs for salaries. Quit giving plum jobs to people who were in your fraternity or sorority at UA, but otherwise have no qualifications. You cannot expect to keep good people when you offer them 1% or 2% raises every year. I've seen too many good people leave out of frustration with the culture and poor compensation.

Good, but pay isn't that great

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my team and the people I work with. My direct supervisor is fantastic and very flexible with needed time off for doctor's appointments, kids school activities, etc.

Cons

Pay is not where it should be. The entire department is very underpaid compared to other payroll departments at other banks. There are 12 payroll specialists for about 33,000 employees- we do not feel valued nor respected. In Payroll, we see what most others make, and it's very disheartening that the no one feels we deserve anything more than a merit raise every April when we bust our butts every day.

Please listen to what we're telling you- we ask upper management in every department meeting about raises, and we keep getting blown off. Just because no one is leaving the department doesn't mean that we're happy with the status quo- it means that that job market still sucks. We know what kind of profit the company makes- spread the wealth around. There would be no employees without Payroll to pay them.

There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial