Regions Financial

www.regions.com
  www.regions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

As with anything there are good and bad points.

Current Employee - Teller in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Teller in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved the people at the branch I worked in. We had a very great manager always out there and working hard for customers. Paid Holidays are great. Slow paced and easy work.

Cons

Previous manager did not work and had tellers doing her job. The is no room to grow. There is a lot of unfair practices favoring higher ups. Personal items were not safe and often gone through. Out of the six tellers I know, all were on assistance programs and/or had a second job because the pay is so low. Sales goals are impossible to reach. Lots of drama within the branches internally and externally. The systems are slow and there are too many to use thus taking too long for decent customer service.

Live the values stated by Regions. Put people first by caring about the lower worker bees. Increase pay and help out. Do what is right by respecting personal space and making sure people in the company can live off their pay and care for their families. Reach higher by being a company that honestly cares and supports each other. Learn what each level in the company is about and try living one month to gain an understanding on how people live. Focus on the customer by taking notes on what upsets them not on just meeting sales goals. Cold calls are an invasion and outdated. Enjoy life by deleting the men's club mentality. Do special things for the branches and see how each branch is a unique family.

419 Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial (View Most Recent)

Good Start for your career

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Benefits are great with this company

Cons

Be prepared to solicit and develop business

Cannot work effectively for this company; was a much better company before AmSouth reverse merger

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work/life balance and pay good if you can bear the culture; benefits OK

Cons

Middle management is afraid to ask what the specific goals of upper management are

Stop all the team-building exercises and build actual communication instead.

There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial