Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

As with anything there are good and bad points.

Teller (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

ProsI loved the people at the branch I worked in. We had a very great manager always out there and working hard for customers. Paid Holidays are great. Slow paced and easy work.

ConsPrevious manager did not work and had tellers doing her job. The is no room to grow. There is a lot of unfair practices favoring higher ups. Personal items were not safe and often gone through. Out of the six tellers I know, all were on assistance programs and/or had a second job because the pay is so low. Sales goals are impossible to reach. Lots of drama within the branches internally and externally. The systems are slow and there are too many to use thus taking too long for decent customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values stated by Regions. Put people first by caring about the lower worker bees. Increase pay and help out. Do what is right by respecting personal space and making sure people in the company can live off their pay and care for their families. Reach higher by being a company that honestly cares and supports each other. Learn what each level in the company is about and try living one month to gain an understanding on how people live. Focus on the customer by taking notes on what upsets them not on just meeting sales goals. Cold calls are an invasion and outdated. Enjoy life by deleting the men's club mentality. Do special things for the branches and see how each branch is a unique family.

Cannot work effectively for this company; was a much better company before AmSouth reverse merger

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work/life balance and pay good if you can bear the… Cons: Middle management is afraid to ask what the specific goals… Advice to Senior Management: Stop all the team-building exercises and build actual communication instead. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing company that really cares about its employees and the community like family.

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits are excellent (health, dental, life insurance, 401k matching, 3 weeks vacation in first year, etc.), they offer an additional paid vacation day annually… Cons: With any bank, this is a highly regulated industry which translates to highly regulated internal audits/reviews. Also, the bonuses can be hard to hit… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the giving to the community and employees and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Regions Financial.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.