There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

Would not work there again!!!

Current Employee - Teller in Mobile, AL
Current Employee - Teller in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

It is a day job.

Cons

Required to travel constantly to other branches, pay is crap, and you are required to harass the customers about opening multiple checking accounts.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees better and not threaten their jobs over unrealistic goals.

reviews filtered by
  1. It's only about goals, goals, goals!!

Former Employee - Branch Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

I learned a lot from some of the other managers.
    The pay and benefits were decent.
    My co-workers and staff were terrific.

Cons

Managment was only interested in meeting goals; they had no interest in us as people. We were constantly understaffed, causing frustration to both employees and customers. In addition, they did not allow overtime for branch personnel, yet conducted numerous mandatory meetings and conference calls during work time, necessitating comp time for employees. This meant that salaried managers and assistant managers had to work many hours overtime each week to pick up the slack. All of this would have been bad enough, but I felt Senior Management had no clue what they were doing in trying to achieve their objectives. They changed the entire goal structure several times in a row, less than a year apart! Not only which products we were to push, but which ones factored into our bonuses. Consequently, it was challenging, if not impossible, to meet the goal. And then when you DID meet the goal, they would double or triple it the next quarter. I was told not to worry - all I had to do was miss it one quarter and the goal would be reduced again. Great - So I was supposed to tell our branch that we can't possibly reach our target for a bonus this quarter, but just "wait until next time"? I saw many employees passed over for promotions and told that they didn't qualify - even after they were urged to apply for the position!

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees and managers!! Set realistic goals based on what the branch size and area can actually produce. Of course make slight adjustments, but don't radically realign goals each quarter.

Work extremely hard and get nothing in return

Current Employee - Relationship Banking Associate in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Relationship Banking Associate in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

The health insurance benefits are good

Cons

There is not much room for advancement

Advice to Management

Be more up front with employees, explaining that alot of management doesn't move up. They stay in their position for years