Opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Hairstylist in Mason City, IA
Current Employee - Hairstylist in Mason City, IA

Pros

Guaranteed Salary Lots of instructional videos Walkin traffic Great hours

Cons

Open on Sundays- but only 4 hours, and it does tend to be very busy!

Advice to Management

After reading all the negative reviews, I have to interject. After working in a Salon that was only commissioned based, a very slow salon with 5 other stylists, mind you. We were expected to keep ourselves busy and so if we did not have clients we literally cleaned all day, for zero compensation, working at Regis has been a refreshing new start. While minimum wage is not themost rewarding pay, it is something, and if you are earning only that it is probably because you are not doing the work you were hired to do. Hairstylists can make great paychecks, but it takes hard work to get there.I get sooo tired of hearing people say that management doesn't do anything and they deserve more money, I find that those people are the ones who tend to show up for work and hope to read magazines all day long. I think if you do not like how management operates then start setting your goals to be part of the management team and help make the team better instead of just complaining about it. There are not many salons out there where your job as a stylist could lead to an upper management position.My father always told me NO ONE owes you a living!

Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation

1. Regis is a fair company to work for

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Salary is one of the highest in the area. Communication is great, and recognition and prizes are amazing. Paid vacation and holidays

Cons

the medical benefits are sorely lacking. The opportunity for growth is not there due to upper management is permanent and not going anywhere

Advice to Management

Go back to the old medical benefits. single parents like myself and others cannot afford to pay the 5000 a year.

2. Value oriented

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Pros

People, values of company and management, flexibility

Cons

The pay is below average and career paths are limited

Advice to Management

Keep developing corporate and field employees to be number one, billion dollar player in industry