There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Worst place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edina, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

Opportunity to work with a variety tech
Flexible scheduling
Lots of friendly and talented coworkers who deserve to be treated better

Cons

Poor leadership from the top down
Way too many meetings
Extremely thin staffing in IT
Complete lack of direction
Will take the word of contractors over employees every time.

Get your act together. You have employees that will work hard for you, use them and don't treat them like warm bodies and numbers on a balance sheet.

203 Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation (View Most Recent)

Very micro managed and overworked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation

Pros

flexible work schedule if you are in the right department

Cons

Medical Plan has extremely high deductibles, PTO is not competative, not enough hours in the day to do the work required.

Recognize those that work hard for the company.

all ways worried about keeping your low paying job even with all your experience and talent

Current Employee - Salon Manager  in  Clinton, MI
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Clinton, MI

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

love my staff we all make a great team,(do my best to make them feel appreciated). i know we wont go out of business!! at least i have a job! i also love my supervisor she works very hard and all ways takes the time to discuss matters with me. she will grab her shears and work along side of us when needed. i have never ever had a supervisor like her, she is very good at her job. one of a kind to say the least!!

Cons

pay scale is terrible, productivity is per pay period (Greatclips is daily) and the fact is we are better then greatclips.we are loseing great stylist to great clips because they pay so much better.i know at my salon customer service is number one. GC your on a time limit client is lucky to get a good H/C. but unfortunately Regis only cares about numbers and percents. so employees are all ways in fear of loseing there low paying jobs, how can our productivity increase with so many coupons!!!! i work very hard to make sure my clients are treated like royalty, i love what i do, then i look at my paycheck and i want to cry. how am i gonna pay my bills with this. its so sad when the kid at mcdonalds makes more then i do hourly. i went to school to be a PROFESIONAL hair stylist and i feel im treated meaningless and so very replaceable as well as disrespectsd by upper management. I feel regis wants to turn us all in to assembly line workers (by the way assembly workers get paid more) but at the same time they also want a full service salon enviorment . we are full service ,great clips is NOT!! so the only competition i see where greatclips is concerned is great clips treats there stylist with better pay!!!! And the sad part is if any employee dare speak there mind good luck because you will be out of a job you are an AT WILL EMPLOYEE!! Regis does not need a reason to fire you. but with that being said they can find a reason so very easy. all they have to do is say your service per hour , average ticket sale , productivity, colors are not up to there standards. Take your pick because your gone no matter how good you are or how much passion you have for your work and no matter how happy your clients are. I personally love my salon and my girls and above all i really enjoy my clients but the sad truth is after all my years with Regis i think its time i start looking elsewhere, To me greatclips has all ways been the enemy but now im starting to think if you can not beat them join them. My paycheck would definitely increase and greatclips would gain a greatfull, hardworking, passionate, loyal employee.

Honestly and sadly Regis does not want any advise. If they did productivity would be daily not per pay period (then hourly really would not be an issue) if during your two week pay period a stylist had 8 days she made productivity and 2 or 3 slow days (due to weather or what ever) the stylist would have made commission for 8 days and the other days she would of only made her base salary. wow what a concept!!!! That seems only fair.Hmmmm thats how Greatclips pays, And Regis thinks Greatclips is our compition, that is why we have the same type of coupons, same check in system with the computer, seems to me Regis is a copycat!! Well then why wont Regis copy there payscale too??? Regis should be embarrassed. FYI starting pay for a stylist is 8.50 per hour if you have experience it can be higher. managers starting pay ranges 11.25-12.00 i wish they would go through this sight and read everyones review of them. im happy to see how many profesionals share my point of view.

There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!