There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

No appreciation for the stylists who are the ones who actually do the work that creates the income for the corporation.

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Salon Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

paid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing. Free Continuing education. Great place for someone just out of school to start, build up a clientelle and increase skills. Company supplies all tools except for shears. Guarenteed wage (base wage vs commission) .

Cons

Commission VS Minimum wage, however, when stylist doesn't make commission, no matter what the reasons are, they get in trouble and written up. Have to ask every client for email address and listen to majority of clients yell and complain about it and then get yelled at by Area Supervisor for not getting email addresses. Commission rates were dropped from 40/45/50 to 38/43/48 and 5% on retail. Makes it very difficult for new stylists to make commission and then they get written up for not making commission. The company is not replacing Area Supervisors who leave the company now ... leaving no chance for the advancement opportunities that were promised.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your stylists and Managers They are the ones who are out in the field doing the work. Show them respect and appreciation. Treat them better. Happy Customers do not make Happy stylists. Happy Stylists make happy customers. And your stylists are not happy. Why is that? Because you are taking away every reason for them to want to work for you and giving nothing in return. You have to give and earn respect if you want respect. Make your stylists and Managers want to work for you again. Look into "Undercover Bosses". And getting email addresses from clients ... the clients are over it. They do not want to give out email addresses anymore. You have clients who literally are telling us that they will not return to our salon anymore because we are asking for personal information. Not worth losing clientelle, in my opinion.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

hectic

Current Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Miami, FL

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

the compensation, prize, events, and promotions.a very generous employee discount. it is a work place where you will meet various amounts of people thoughout the day.

Cons

work schedules are hectic. sometimes two styists are available for the rest of the night meanwhile, the is a wait of 14 individuals.

Advice to Management

my advice to the mangement would be to put themselves in a stylist shoes, and compare the amount of responsibilities we have now versus what they had then.

Worst place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

Opportunity to work with a variety tech Flexible scheduling Lots of friendly and talented coworkers who deserve to be treated better

Cons

Poor leadership from the top down Way too many meetings Extremely thin staffing in IT Complete lack of direction Will take the word of contractors over employees every time.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. You have employees that will work hard for you, use them and don't treat them like warm bodies and numbers on a balance sheet.