Regis Corporation
www.regiscorp.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

No appreciation for the stylists who are the ones who actually do the work that creates the income for the corporation.

Salon Manager (Current Employee)
Wichita, KS

Prospaid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing. Free Continuing education. Great place for someone just out of school to start, build up a clientelle and increase skills. Company supplies all tools except for shears. Guarenteed wage (base wage vs commission) .

ConsCommission VS Minimum wage, however, when stylist doesn't make commission, no matter what the reasons are, they get in trouble and written up. Have to ask every client for email address and listen to majority of clients yell and complain about it and then get yelled at by Area Supervisor for not getting email addresses. Commission rates were dropped from 40/45/50 to 38/43/48 and 5% on retail. Makes it very difficult for new stylists to make commission and then they get written up for not making commission. The company is not replacing Area Supervisors who leave the company now ... leaving no chance for the advancement opportunities that were promised.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your stylists and Managers They are the ones who are out in the field doing the work. Show them respect and appreciation. Treat them better. Happy Customers do not make Happy stylists. Happy Stylists make happy customers. And your stylists are not happy. Why is that? Because you are taking away every reason for them to want to work for you and giving nothing in return. You have to give and earn respect if you want respect. Make your stylists and Managers want to work for you again. Look into "Undercover Bosses". And getting email addresses from clients ... the clients are over it. They do not want to give out email addresses anymore. You have clients who literally are telling us that they will not return to our salon anymore because we are asking for personal information. Not worth losing clientelle, in my opinion.

Worst place I've ever worked

Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros: Opportunity to work with a variety tech Flexible scheduling Lots of friendly… Cons: Poor leadership from the top down Way too many meetings Extremely thin staffing in… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together. You have employees that will work hard for you, use… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very micro managed and overworked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Edina, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation

Pros: flexible work schedule if you are in the right department Cons: Medical Plan has extremely high deductibles, PTO is not competative,… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize those that work hard for the company. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Regis Corporation.

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan. All reviews posted anonymously by Regis Corporation employees.