Regis Corporation
www.regiscorp.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

TGF=FAST MONEY

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Regis Corporation

ProsI worked for TGF for 5 years. During that time, I really liked how the company will work with your hours. I was in college so it was important for me to get specific hours to work. TGF perfers to hire full-time but some of the salons will allow you to work part-time hours. We got every other sunday off unless you don't mind working every Sunday. At TGF, the salon is walk-in based. It's fast money when you fresh out of school. For someone who is inexperienced, it is good to start somewhere that has a lot of walk-ins to improve your cutting technique.

ConsI did notice that TGF hires hair stylist fresh out of school which is great. I find the first year always the hardest when you don't have any training. TGF has advanced videos in hair cutting you can watch when it is slow. There is no hands on training in hair cutting other than the paying customers. The managers are picked not of their ability to be a leader but the amount they make for the company. There is no training for management either. Managers are not educated with dealing with irriate customers. This becomes an issue becuase the customers will not return.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do think additional training for management will improve. Picking managers should be an overall analysis of the person. Keeping your employees happy should improve the morale in the company and increase profits.

"Pay me, don't just praise me"

Salon Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee)
Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros: It is a large, internationally known company with lots of opportunity to go on great trips as incentives. As long as I keep my salon… Cons: There doesn't seem to be a method of performance appraisals at any level (unless it is just in my region). The former owners of our… Advice to Senior Management: Remember to give feedback on a consistent basis. I also would like to see year… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Feast or Famine!

Stylist (Former Employee)
Allentown, PA

I worked at Regis Corporation

Pros: The best reason to work for Holiday is if you're fresh out of beauty school and need to get some experience under your… Cons: The hours stink. Because most locations are in a mall, you're working retail hours. I had no home life when I worked there...… Advice to Senior Management: We're hairdressers, not book keepers. The computer tracks each and every sale from each and every stylist, so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Regis Corporation.

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan. All reviews posted anonymously by Regis Corporation employees.