Mastercuts- Worst job ever!

Former Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Hickory, NC

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time for less than a year

Pros

I've heard good things about Regis, and have a lot of friends that work at some of their other chains that love it, but this one was messed up! The only pro is that I got to do the job I went to school to do.

Cons

Management didn't know what the heck they were doing. only 7.25/hr plus tips (you dont claim cash tips, card tips come out of your check, most people tipped on cards though). too many staff for the traffic that came in. not enough hours per person. wouldn't let me take vacation time to visit my (now husband, fiance at the time) in texas, in the air force, for more than 3 days (it takes a little over a day to actually drive here, so that'd mean spending one day with him). Also, my first week they wouldnt let me cut hair until I watched all the training videos, and they left me all alone to close at night. So they left me watching videos, and told me to turn away anyone who came in wanting a haircut because I was still training. ?

Regional managers : don't just move someone up to management because you need to fill the spot. Bring someone else who is experienced and responsible in.
Store managers: Know what you're doing. Don't leave because you just dont want to work anymore.
Dont have your boyfriend sitting in there with you the whole time.