There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

A fine place for part-time work

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was great to be able to have time to do homework and whatnot when working. I became very knowledgable with the different products and hair and beauty in general. My fellow employees as well as my immediate managers were all great.

Cons

The regional and district managers are awful - they have a false sense of superiority and have no regard for subordinates. There doesn't seem to really be much stability in the company, and stores keep closing left and right, which does not bode well for their future.

Advice to Management

Have more consideration for your employees, as well as a more professional attitude in regards to gossip and cattiness.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's a job.

Current Employee - IT Help in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - IT Help in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with some awesome people. Product and salon discounts are nice. I love having the free lunch.

Cons

Company seems to have odd priorities on what to spend money on. Why can't I afford the cost of living if we have super expensive artwork (which you are NEVER to touch)? IT projects seem to be disorganized, which has impacted my role in an incredibly stressful manner. No, I don't know when the new POS system is coming out either.

Advice to Management

Clear communication and please make sure everyone and every department is on the same page.

Hired as stylist, cleaner and receptionist for little pay

Former Employee - Hairstylist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Hairstylist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many pros except atleast you know you will bring home a paycheck every week. You also get paid vacation which is only minimum wage. You do get free backbar and products for your station.

Cons

I worked at one of regis signature salons in a very upscale mall. They Still did crap that their lower end smartstyle stores do (I worked at smartstyle too) no receptionist this is suppose to be the top salon in the company. We had to play receptionist and cleaner. Go to meetings unpaid after hours.regis was even so scared about salon unions that they made us sign paperwork so we would not join a union which they later got sued for. They tried to say that we only get 5 days off a year, which was crap I had two weeks paid vacation and they were trying not to give it to me. In the end my my store had 19 stylist for only 12 stations it was a mess having to pack up each night and to make sure you didn't run late if you worked the morning shift. It just got too much I finally quit beforeI had to do another cad week which is when u work 12 hour shifts 6 days and give every client 20% off

Advice to Management

Hire a receptionist