Learned a Ton

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Salon Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little time watched over, freedom to set your own hours, schedule, and even set your own sales. If you suceed, corporate for the most part will leave you alone. A ton of free stuff from vendors, and points for tools for the pro:)

Cons

Pay is terrible, as a stylist only guaranteed $7.25, as Manager only $8.25. Work crappy mall hours, work like a dog to make more money.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A fine place for part-time work

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was great to be able to have time to do homework and whatnot when working. I became very knowledgable with the different products and hair and beauty in general. My fellow employees as well as my immediate managers were all great.

Cons

The regional and district managers are awful - they have a false sense of superiority and have no regard for subordinates. There doesn't seem to really be much stability in the company, and stores keep closing left and right, which does not bode well for their future.

Advice to Management

Have more consideration for your employees, as well as a more professional attitude in regards to gossip and cattiness.

2. It's a job.

Current Employee - IT Help in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - IT Help in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with some awesome people. Product and salon discounts are nice. I love having the free lunch.

Cons

Company seems to have odd priorities on what to spend money on. Why can't I afford the cost of living if we have super expensive artwork (which you are NEVER to touch)? IT projects seem to be disorganized, which has impacted my role in an incredibly stressful manner. No, I don't know when the new POS system is coming out either.

Advice to Management

Clear communication and please make sure everyone and every department is on the same page.