Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com
  www.regiscorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Corporate leaders need to work a day in the salon

Current Employee - Stylist
Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I really do not have many positive things to say anymore...new policies and protocols in recent months have really impacted the overall working experience here

Cons

Where to start?
poor commission pay, expensive benefits, no incentive for long term employees, not enough staff, turning away clientel, optimized scheduling worst idea ever for walk in salons, poor management if any at all, micromanagement from higher ups, no set schedule for stylists with clientel, working every weekend, no accomadations or flexibilty with scheduling, unsafe working conditions, ect....ect...

Come into some salons, stand behind a chair, work alone in a salon...just for one day....Improve the scheduling system because all the market analysis and research you did was a waste of time figuring out your new "optimized scheduling"...it doesnt work in a walk in salons..You will never generate new business by having one stylist on shift, turning 15 to 20 people a shift away because of long wait times...LISTEN to your stylists as we are the ones working hard making YOU money!! Give some better incentives to work for you because after 10 years of this nonsense (as a manager and stylist) Im ready to walk WITH my clientel that I earned and brought into YOUR business!

215 Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation (View Most Recent)

On a downward spiral.... Future employees Beware!!

Former Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Offers lots of opportunities for advancement. Opportunity to build and create relationships with people that work at the HO and in other states.

Cons

Regis used to be a family based company. It provided hardworking people growth opportunities. Since the addition of new CEO in 2012 things have gone south. They have laid of long term field staff, whole departments, and salon employees. These come without any prior notice. They promise employees better paying jobs, better incentives, and more opportunities for advancement. None of these are ever full-filled. They always expect and want more but never provide the resources to make it happen!! Rarely are you provided with feedback on performance improvement. Currently they are again restructuring! I say again because they had a restructure in 6/2012.

If you say something then do it! If you make it a priority to "be the employer of choice" then be the employer of choice. Cutting costs isn't about hiring unqualified people for jobs to pay them less.

Fun place to work if you don't need to make much money

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was an easy going place. Love the people I worked with and the clients. Had lots of fun.

Cons

Your commission is %40. yes you can make 45% and 50% but it's hard because you share the work with so many other workers. 40% is a complete rip off.

There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation